Chapter 19

"It has been some time since I last had company," she told him. "I had not realized how lonely I was."

She affected another bashful smile under her lashes. Tristan liked it when she did that. He drained the last of his cup to try distract himself from yet another flash of arousal. He didn't want to tent and scare her off.

'Oh pluh-eeese,' Ava grumbled mentally.

Could the woman be more transparent?

'You two might as well just move into the bedroom and get it over with,' Ava chided him.

'Hush woman! Now be not the opportune time for me to think on mine trousers,' he growled back at her.

'What? I didn't know there wasn't a good time for you to think about your dick,' Ava shot back.

'Thou be an uncouth muckspout!' Tristan shot back with annoyance.

'A what?' Ava asked as she tried to work out what he could possibly mean by that. 'Hey, I don't talk shit!'

'Thy word choice is oftentimes vulgar for a lady,' Tristan told her sternly.

'Oh, so it's okay for a guy to curse, but not a woman?' Ava retorted. 'Talk about double standards!'

'I doth not curse in front of ladies,' Tristan replied irritably.

'You say and think rude things all the time!' Ava shot back.

'Thinking and doing are not the same thing. I cannot help what occurs in mine mind. I can only choose what to express openly,' he told her flatly.

'I guess that's kinda true...' Ava admitted softly.

The blood was coursing through their body now, making their heated debate pull at their collective senses. There was also a lot of warmth pooling in their lower abdomen strangely.

Elsa smiled at them.

"Tristan. Would you mind terribly helping me to my bed? I find that my leg is paining me," she suggested.

'Sure it is... you old bat!' Ava shot back peevishly.

Even so she couldn't account for the strange sensation washing over them. It was like their body was glowing with eagerness. Her eyes happened to dart over Elsa's tea cup as Tristan helped her up off the bench. She hadn't touched a drop.

'Shit!' Ava growled as she paused with sudden realization. 'What the hell was in that tea?'

Elsa pretended to stumble a little and fall against Tristan's chest again. She let her fingers spread out over his pecs, lighting his body on fire.

"My apologies," Elsa noted with a seductive little giggle as she righted herself.

'Prison privies! Think on prison privies!' Tristan hissed anxiously.

'I don't get you. Usually you love getting an erection, and you've been flirting with this old bat ever since you met her,' Ava grumbled.

She hated that she'd felt that arousal too. Her whole body was tingling with excitement.

'If I were to show mine self too eager too soon, it could ruin everything with her,' he reasoned honestly.

'You're seriously thinking of going through with this? What is wrong with you?' Ava asked.

Their body was humming now, virtually every fiber singing with eagerness.

'What was in that damned tea?' Ava growled.

'What be thy obsession with the tea? Should I learn the recipe from her on the morrow?' Tristan volunteered.

'How can you be so thick? Tristan, we've been drugged,' Ava told him blatantly.