6

|~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Hyewon's POV

At the Bar

As I don't have a love life anymore and the only thing that has not broken my heart yet is my love for food. But today I just wanted to have a drink after a very tiring day at work. My father is nagging about how love is only a distraction for me to not want to be the inheritor to the company.

In fact, I really do not want to become the CEO of the Kang Co. It is too much work and also I'm sure my brother is better off as the inheritor instead of me.

My mom is the only one whom just wants me to be happy with whatever path I choose. Well at the moment it seems like finding my soulmate is out of the question.

You may ask if ghost are real or even aswang but I'm not sure. But for true love/soulmate, Kang Hyewon doesn't have one and is always all out of love.

I sigh just thinking about love.

I sip my drink and then just looked at the ice cube melting in the drink. I then felt someone sit beside me. I really don't care whoever sits beside me as long as they don't interrupt me.

The person orders a shot of Soju and after her third shot, she started to burst into tears. At the same time she was sobbing as she sniff.

The bartender didn't know what to do with her and just went to greet and serve the other customers first.

She just kept on crying and crying. I handed her a piece of tissue.

"Gomawo" *sniff

"No problem" I replied

She continued to drink while crying a lot and then I decided to pat her back.

"you okay?" I asked

"It's just that I'm feeling very depressed with something" she said.

"Aren't we all" I told her

"I'm sure you don't want to hear what happened to me today"

"If it makes you feel better to let it out to a total stranger. I'm listening" I replied to her, as I look at her with sincerity.

"Well to begin with, today I had a rough day at work. I was shooting a girl crush theme for this next month's magazine. I was not the best at it. The director for that issue seemed to have not liked any of the pictures. I saw it in his eyes. Can you blame him if the only thing I'm good at is the innocent girl next door look. With that, I was excited to finish work at soon as possible."

sniff sniff

"And then?"

"Instead of going home, I went to see my friend at the cafe. Basically every time I'm with her I always feel my heart beat 100x faster than usual. She was this person who loves to give affection. And I liked it when she gave me those affection."

She drank another shot

"As we were drinking and eating our order, out of the blue she got a notification. I looked at the window and thought that I should confess to her my feelings. As I was confessing and was done, I didn't get any reply back. I looked to my side and she was gone. So basically the Kim Minju was just talking to herself and I'm 1000o% certain that someone took a video of me and as now posted it on the net."

"I just checked and found nothing"

"Oh its there"

"Nope, nothing at all. You are just overthinking it and plus you are drunk"

"I'm not drunk yet!"

"Yes, you are"

"Ani!!!"

"Ok then, how many fingers am I holding up" I was showing her 4

"5!"

"Okay you have had enough of Soju for tonight" I told her

"No please One more drink"

"No! no!" I then looked at the bartender and told him that this girl isn't getting more shots.

She was still holding her shot glass and requesting a refill. And I lowered her arm and she glared at me and then bang. Her head hit the counter of the bar and she has now passed out.

"Wow, a beauty like her shouldn't waste herself with drinks and crying"

I then looked at her  and she was sleeping soundly. I told the bartender that I'll pay for her drinks and mines. I looked at her state and decided that I should bring her home. Don't want the men here to take advantage of her. Plus, she is a famous model. It will ruin her career if she was seen like this. Already today she was worried sick about someone taking a video of her talking to herself.

I then put her arm around my shoulder and guided her out the bar. Good thing that she was a bit conscious since for sure I would need  the help of the bartender if she was fully unconscious if she took more shots and drown herself with alcohol.

I continued to guide her to my car and then opened the front seat door. I put her inside and put on her seatbelt with her purse. I was about to close the door until she said a name.

"Chaewon-unnie... I love you"

It must be the friend she has a crush on...

|~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote!

I'm still not certain if this book should be 12 chapters long or 24.... or more...

Next chapter: Minju's sober

Ja~nee