•9•

"Kiri, hide me! He's pissed." Midoriya said, quickly jumping behind the redhead, who was slightly smiling.

Katsuki scoffed as he watched Midoriya try to hide from him. He would have gone after his best friend, dragging Kirishima down with him, but someone grabbing his hand and stopped him. He whipped his head back to see Shoto looking at him, a soft grip on his hand.

Overwhelmed by everything that had just happened in the elevator, Katsuki harshly pulled his hand from Shoto's and stormed off, taking the stairs and not stopping until he was able to reach the safety of his own dorm room.

He slammed his door closed, not caring if it was loud or not. It wouldn't bother him either way, which pissed him off even more.

He couldn't hear the door slam. He couldn't hear when he punch his dorm wall. He couldn't hear the small explosions he ignited in his palms.

He couldn't hear, and he was getting more and more frustrated with that train of thought.

Originally, his anger was because of his childhood friend messing with his love life. But then he started to think about the fact that Shoto had actually kissed him. Eventually his thoughts trailed off to why in the world he'd actually want to kiss him.

Why would anyone want to waste their time on him?

His own quirk had rendered him deaf. If that wasn't the most pathetic thing that had happened to someone, Katsuki wasn't sure what was.

He was pathetic and there was only so much he could do to avoid that realization.

He could blow things up until his hands went numb, he could pretend he was above everyone else, he could keep up the fantasy that he was going to be the number one pro hero, but none of that would change the cold, hard truth.

He was deaf and there was little to no chance of him actually making it as a pro hero.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How mad do you think he is? Like on a scale from not at all, to we're dead in the next twenty four hours." Kirishima asked, looking back at Midoriya. If anyone knew the blond, it was him. He was the best at reading him.

"Dead in the next twelve." Midoriya said, looking at the hallway his best friend had disappeared down. "But... He'd have to pull himself together first." He mumbled, unaware that Kirishima, Shoto, and Yaoyorozu had heard him.

"What'd you mean?" Shoto asked him, stepping off the elevator and crossing his arms as he stared down the green haired boy.

Midoriya seemed to snap out of his own thoughts, staring at Shoto wide eyed. "How much of that did I say out loud?" He asked.

"That Bakugou would have to pull himself together first." Yaoyorozu spoke up, just trying to be helpful in their given situation.

"Oh um, that's- that's really nothing! I just- I some times just say things without meaning to- I d-didn't mean anything by that." Midoriya rambled nervously.

Katsuki had been one of Midoriya's best friends since they could crawl, of course he knew him like the back of his hand. He knew his doubts and insecurities, even if the blond tried his hardest to hide them from everyone.

He wasn't sure what had been going through the Katsuki's head when he stomped off, but he knew it wasn't good and he was probably tearing apart his dorm room as they spoke. But like hell was he going to tell them that. Midoriya had fucked up enough with Katsuki that day, he didn't need to add the cherry on top.

"Midoriya, none of us are stupid. Tell us the truth." Shoto said, still glaring daggers at the shorter boy. The boy he had just kissed on an elevator stormed off and he had no clue what he had done wrong, he wanted some answers.

"I-I-I really don't-"

Kirishima was the next one to speak up. "Just tell us Midoriya. You know none of us are going to tell anyone else whatever it is, and we won't judge him for it either." He said, really just wanting to reach out and grab his hand, but refraining.

The green haired boy heaved a sigh, but gave in. "I don't know why exactly, Kacchan's really complicated, but he's upset and not just about us trapping you two in the elevator." He said, looking up at Shoto.

Shoto's mind started whirling at a million miles a minute. He thought for sure that whatever had upset Katsuki so much, had to have been his fault. Was it the kiss? Was it because he tried to stop him from going after Midoriya and Kirishima? Was it all of the above?

He really had fucked up that time.

"Um Midoriya? Maybe you should go talk to him then? Make sure he's okay and everything." Kirishima said nervously, keeping a watchful eye on Shoto. He seemed completely out of it and Kirishima wasn't sure if he was about to snap or not.

Midoriya shifted his gaze from Shoto to Kirishima. "I... don't actually think that's the best course of action. You should go." He said, pointing at Shoto, who snapped back to reality and was now staring at Midoriya in complete confusion.

"Why would I go? I'm probably the one who made him mad in the first place." Shoto pointed out, finding the suggestion ridiculous.

Midoriya shook his head. "Kacchan may seem like he's mad at everyone all the time, but he's usually just mad at himself. Whatever happened in that elevator probably really messed with his head. The best thing for him would be for you two to talk it out and figure out where you stand now." He explained. He had a feeling that Shoto wouldn't get his idea right off the bat, so it didn't bother him that he had to walk him through it first.

Shoto looked between the three other students, hesitance clear in his expression. "I really don't know if that's-"

Midoriya suddenly narrowed his eyes at him in accusation. "Are you trying to tell me I don't know my best friend?"

Shoto's eyes widened a fraction at the question. "What? No, of course not. If anyone knows Bakugou it's you, but-"

Midoriya cut him off with a clap and a smile. "Great! Then listen to me and go talk to him. Good luck!" He said, pushing Shoto back towards the elevator.

"I don't know if I'm too keen on riding this thing again." Shoto spoke up, just as the doors started to close.

"Don't worry! We aren't hacking into it this time!" Midoriya called, right before the doors shut completely.

Shoto mumbled to himself as he rode up to Katsuki's floor, "They hacked into the elevator?"