•17•

"Katsuki, please just listen to me." Shoto said, grabbing onto Katsuki wrist before he could leave the dorm. They had just been laying around and talking all day, watching a few movies here and there, listening to music, basically anything to do with sound. Eventually the topic of Katsuki's hearing was brought up and the blond admitted that he still wanted to be a hero.

Katsuki turned back, placing a hand on the side of Shoto's face. "I know you just want what's best for me, and I love that, I really do, but being a pro hero has been my dream for as long as I can remember. I'm not just going to throw it away. I've already made this decision before, back in middle school, nothing's changed since then." He said.

The dual haired boy shook his head. "Yeah, something has changed. You've been deaf, you've lived that life and you know how much it sucks. Do you really want to go through that again? You got a second chance Kat, please don't toss it aside without really thinking it through first." Shoto practically begged him.

He had seen how upset Katsuki was when he couldn't hear. He knew how much he hated. Katsuki had his hearing handed back to him on a silver platter and Shoto just didn't want him to be to hasty about his answer.

Katsuki let out a shaky breath as he threw himself into Shoto's arms, just needing some sort of stability at that moment. "I know, but I just-" he paused for a second. "This dream of being a hero, it's defined me since I could walk, Sho. I don't know who I am without it. What would I even do if I wasn't going to become a pro? Get some boring ass desk job and be miserable for the rest of my life?" He rambled, trying to organize his own thoughts by saying them out loud.

"I don't know, Kat. I'm not telling you to drop out of the hero course and give up on your dreams, I just want you to make sure you're completely positive on what you want. Once you lose your hearing again, you'll never get it back. You should be absolutely sure before you make that decision and no one said it had to be made today. Take your time and really think about it, okay?" Shoto explained in a soft voice, one Katsuki could never hear enough of.

He didn't want to lose his hearing again. He didn't want to lose his ability to hear his boyfriends voice, and his laugh, and his friends voices, no matter how annoying he said they were. He didn't want to lose any of it.

He nodded his head slowly. "I'll think about it more." He agreed, making Shoto let out a relieved breath of air.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days now of Katsuki being able to hear again and the whole class was doing their best to keep it down for him. Not only could an extremely loud noise render him deaf again, but his hearing was also pretty sensitive seeing as he just got it back.

Most of the class didn't put a pause on their sign language lessons. No one knew if Katsuki was going to keep his hearing or not yet, so they wanted to make sure that if he did lose it, they'd still be able to communicate with him as easily as they could now. Plus, it couldn't hurt for a pro hero to know asl.

"It's still so weird to think that you can hear again. You haven't been able to do that nearly the whole time we've been friends." Midoriya mused.

Katsuki, Shoto, Kirishima and him were all sitting on the couch, watching old All Might movies. Katsuki hadn't been able to hear them since he was a kid, and they brought back an intense sense of nostalgia for him.

"Not since we were kids at least." Katsuki said in agreement.

One of the only reasons he will ever be thankful for his quirk taking away his hearing, was that he got Midoriya back. If he never would have went deaf, he would probably still be bullying the poor boy to that day.

"Were you guys not friends in middle school or something?" Kirishima asked, running a hand through Midoriya's hair and keeping most of his attention on the movie.

"Something like that." Katsuki muttered, preferring to not tell his best friend's boyfriend that he had bullied him mercilessly for most of their lives.

Shoto gripped his hand while Midoriya sent him a reassuring look. The green haired boy had forgiven him a long time ago and didn't hold any sort of grudge. It had been easier for him to forgive Katsuki than it was for Katsuki to forgive himself.

"What'd you wanna do this weekend?" Shoto whispered to him while the other two boys seemed to get lost in a conversation of their own.

"Hm, could we go star gazing in that park again? For real this time seeing as I can actually hear." Katsuki said with a hint of humor in his voice, but to Shoto it seemed to forced, liking joking about it was his way of coping.

Shoto placed a soft kiss on the side of his head. "Of course we can, wear a thicker hoodie this time though." He said in a teasing tone, trying to help lighten the mood a little.

"Why would I do that when I can just use you as a mobile heater?" Katsuki asked, moving his head so he could look at Shoto, who was sitting behind him.

The red and white haired boy looked mildly offended. "Is that all I am to you? A mobile heater?" He asked, playing along.

"No, you're a mobile snow cone machine too." Katsuki said back, smirking as Shoto genuinely gaped at him.

"You truly are the worst." Shoto whispered in amazement when he recovered.

Katsuki's smirk stayed firmly on his face while he pecked Shoto's lips. "But you seem to love that about me."

Shoto playfully rolled his eyes at that comment and kissed Katsuki again. "I love everything about you, that's kind of the point, right?"

Katsuki's eyes widened as he turned more so he could look at him easier. "Shoto Todoroki, did you just indirectly say you love me?" He asked.

"Not really, but I do love you." Shoto said with a shrug, genuinely smiling when Katsuki grabbed his neck and pulled him into another kiss.

"I love you too, you asshole." He said once they pulled apart.

"You have come up with the cutest pet names." Shoto said sarcastically, kissing his nose as Katsuki turned back around to watch the movie again.

"Damn right I do."