•16•

"You can- you can hear?!" Shoto asked in complete disbelief as he looked over at Helix.

Katsuki just nodded, not letting go of Shoto. If anything, he held onto him tighter.

Everyone else was stunned into silence as Helix started to explain what she had done. "I have a really powerful healing quirk. I was able to fix the damage his quirk did to his ear drums. He'll be able to hear again..." She trailed off as everyone looked at her expectantly. "... as long as he doesn't use his quirk..."

"What?!" Midoriya yelled, but went silent as he saw Katsuki flinch in Shoto's arms.

"No loud noises either!" Helix scolded. "My quirk is powerful, but there was a lot of damage. My repair job is fragile. Anything too loud and it'll crumble." She explained further.

"Why the fuck wouldn't you tell me this before?" Katsuki growled at her, moving his head so he could shoot a heated glare at her.

"Did it matter? You can hear now, even if it's just for a few days while you decide if you want to be a hero more than wanting to be able to hear. No matter what you choose, you'll get to hear at least for a little while. Isn't that better than nothing?" Helix asked, genuinely confused by the anger the blond teen had towards her. She had just wanted to help him and hadn't thought he'd be upset by it.

"Yes it did matter!" Midoriya hissed at her, going into full on protective best friend mode as he stood up. "Now he has to choose between his life long dream or being able to hear and you made the decision unfair by giving his hearing back first. No matter what he ends up going with, he's fucked! He either has to say goodbye to being able to hear all of this," he said while gesturing around them. "Or he has to say goodbye to his dream of being a pro hero. It's not better than nothing, it's torture! You. should. have. told. him." He wanted to scream at her, but he couldn't with Katsuki there, so he kept his voice hushed.

Everyone in the common area was now shocked for two reasons. One, Katsuki could hear, and two, Izuku Midoriya had just cursed.

Kirishima quickly grabbed his boyfriends hand, pulling him back onto the couch before he could lunge at the pro hero. Midoriya was seething in the redhead's arms as Helix shrunk back, not having expected the backlash from the teens.

Being able to see just how upset his students were, Aizawa grabbed Helix by the wrist and pulled her out of the building. He was going to let the kids have time to sort themselves out and for Katsuki to figure out what was more important to him. Hearing or his dream.

"C'mon," Shoto said softly to Katsuki, gently tugging on his hand and pulling him towards the elevator. Midoriya and Kirishima followed after them, just wanting to make sure Katsuki was okay.

Once they were in the elevator and away from the rest of their class, Midoriya hesitantly spoke up. "K-Kacchan, are you okay?" He asked, his voice quiet but still able to be heard by everyone.

Katsuki actually shot him a watery smile. He seemed to not care about his reputation and image at that point in time. "You're voice is just as annoying as I remember." He teased, deflecting the question.

Midoriya, being a Midoriya, started crying as he closed the small space between him and his childhood friend. He hugged him tightly, remembering all the breakdowns Katsuki had over losing his hearing.

"You're such a cry baby." Katsuki told him, but hugging him just as tight. Midoriya was one of the only reasons he didn't give up after he went deaf, so yeah, he was going to hug the stupid nerd.

"I know." Midoriya said with a small laugh.

"God, it's so fucking weird to be able to hear you guys." Katsuki said once Midoriya finally let him go.

"I bet dude." Kirishima said with a small laugh. He watched in amusment as Katsuki's eyes snapped to him.

"Yeah, that fits." Katsuki said, more to himself than anyone else.

Kirishima raised a brow at him. "What? My voice?" He asked.

Katsuki nodded. "Just as annoying as I expected." He said, smirking at the redhead.

Kirishima gasped and placed a hand over his heart while Midoriya giggled next to him. "That hurt bro, that hurt." He said, mocking offense.

"That's the point, dumbass." Katsuki said back, leaning against Shoto.

The elevator dinged at Midoriya's floor, where he and Kirishima were gonna get off. The green haired boy held the doors open and looked back at Katsuki and Shoto. "You're gonna be okay, right?" He asked his best friend, his gaze softening with worry.

Katsuki looked back at Shoto and then to Midoriya. "Probably." He answered, not knowing for certain if he would or wouldn't. It was all up in the air right then and he wasn't sure how he'd end up.

Midoriya shot a look at Shoto, which clearly said, 'take care of my best friend or so help me god I'll detroit smash you into the moon'. Shoto just nodded, a little more frightened of Midoriya than before.

With a final sigh, Midoriya latched his hand with Kirishima's and walked towards his dorm room.

Shoto and Katsuki headed up to the blond's dorm. Shoto wasn't sure what they were gonna do, but he knew that Katsuki needed him right then. He was going to do whatever he could to help his boyfriend, but there was only so much he could do in that situation.

"Hey Shoto?" Katsuki asked as he pulled him over to his bed and snuggled up to him. It wasn't a rare occurance, Katsuki was a relatively cuddly person so his boyfriend was used to it.

"Yeah?" The dual haired boy asked back, looking over at the blond.

"Can you just... talk for a little bit?" He asked hesitantly. "I just want to hear your voice." Katsuki was blushing a dark red at his own question.

He was completely embarrassed, and under any other circumstance he wouldn't have asked. Unfortunetly, with the decision he was planning on making, he wasn't going to be able to hear it for very long. He wanted to memorize it before he lost the ablitlity to hear it again.

Shoto chuckled at the question, but was ready to comply. Until Katsuki snapped his head to look directly at him, eyes wide. "Wait, do that again." He said quietly.

"What? Laugh?" Shoto asked him. He was smiling softly at the wonderstruck blond laying next to him.

"Yeah, just laugh for a little bit." Katsuki requested, not even realizing how odd it would be for Shoto to just laugh for no reason.

The demand was met with more laughter, because Shoto found it genuinely funny. With every new noise Katsuki heard, he was like a child on christmas.

"I don't know if I can do that, but I can talk if you want?" Shoto offered, knowing that he wasn't the best when it came to laughing.

"Yeah, I'd be happy with that." Katsuki conceeded, resting his head on Shoto's chest again.

"Okay." He said with a soft smile.