Attempt #1

A/N

Hello everyone!

I hope you all are excited for the first "real" chapter of Oblivion. This chapter became WAY longer than I expected. But truthfully, this is a LONG chapter, so please don't feel the need to read this entire thing in one shot. Also, this is entirely (mostly) from Yoongi's perspective, so you won't see much perspective from other characters. Hope that's okay.

Thank you all for the support! Once again, if you haven't read Happy Place, please read that first, as this one will have spoilers! Hope you like it! =^_^=

-----------------------------------------------------

"Are you almost packed up, Tae? We really need to get going!"

Yoongi was packing the last of their things for the trip, while Taehyung was grabbing some snacks for the road. Yoongi zipped up the enlarged suitcase as he heard his boyfriend downstairs.

"All my stuff is downstairs! Just grabbing some snacks. Ready to go when you are."

Yoongi smiled, grabbing the heavy suitcase before walking down the stairs. His hair always had a way of bouncing with every step, something Taehyung made known that he liked about the other. When Yoongi reached the bottom of the stairs, Taehyung wrapped the other in a tight embrace.

"Where are we going anyways? All you mentioned was that they're an old friend."

"Yeah. His name's Hoseok. I haven't seen him in years, but he invited me to his house for a get-together, and he said I could bring a guest. Which is lucky for me, because I don't know if I could go a weekend without you."

Taehyung smiled at that, pulling Yoongi into a tighter hug. They both stayed like that for a couple seconds before Yoongi moved to walk away. He grabbed his suitcase, bringing it towards the front door.

To be honest, Yoongi couldn't remember how long it'd been since he'd seen Hoseok. High school? Before that? His memory was a bit hazy when it came to Hoseok, but all he was certain of was that they were best friends before he moved away. He thought it would be a great opportunity to reconnect.

"Yoongi? Hey! Yoongi? You there?"

Yoongi woke up from his daze, startled by Taehyung touching his shoulder but immediately relaxing once seeing his boyfriend.

"You okay? I was calling your name for awhile."

"Yeah, it's just ..."

"Just?"

"I don't know. It's weird, but I honestly can't remember the last time I saw Hoseok."

"Well, you're friends, right? I guess that means it's about time."

Taehyung gave Yoongi a boxy smile, causing Yoongi to give one of his gummy ones right back. Taehyung went for Yoongi's hand and held it until they got into the car to leave.

"Don't worry, Yoongi. Before you know it, the weekend will be over, and we'll be driving back into this driveway together."

Yoongi smiled, backing out of their driveway. Once out on the road, Yoongi noticed Taehyung fall asleep. He put his free hand over Taehyung's, rubbing smooth circles on the back of it.

"Love you, Tae."

-----------------------------------------------