Chapter 18

I was called on a meeting at around 2 pm, with Engineer Manzano. So before I went there nag-retouch lang ako saglit, I put on some blush and liptint and face powder, nag-spray ako ng Chanel perfume, and combed my wavy hair.

I went out my office with Aliana, we went to the room where we're gonna do our meeting. When I went inside, I saw Sean sitting down on the other side of the table, our eyes met but agad akong umiwas ng tingin. I sat in front of him while Aliana sat beside me, it was the only chair that was vacant.

I stood up to start the meeting.

"Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming today. Since all of us is here, we should gladly start this meeting. I would like to introduce to you all the engineer, of our upcoming project Engineer Sean Andrei Manzano."

Tumayo si Sean, at nag-lakad nalang ako pabalik sa upuan ko, for him to discuss his stuff.

"Hello everyone, I am Engineer Manzano, and I will be handling this company's project." He smiled.

Napatulala ako sa kan'ya nang makita kung gaano nag-improve 'yung katawan niya.

It's like, he's been going to the gym everyday because of his fit, and muscular body.

He glanced at me and caught me staring at him, he smirked and started talking again. Our meeting went on for an hour, after discussing everything that he needs to say.

"Okay everybody, that's it for this. Meeting adjourned." I said calmly.

Nagsilabasan na ang mga employees, nauna na rin si Aliana. Lalabas na sana ako nang bigla niya akong tawagin.

"Miss Callao?" He said.

Nilingon ko siya and I raised my brows at him, waiting for him to talk.

"Thank you for accepting me, in your company." He smiled.

I nodded and walked outside, I went up to my office at saka lang nag-sink in sa akin lahat.

OMYGOSH! DID HE FREAKIN' TALK TO ME?!

Fuck, he talked to me! I didn't know.. What... Ugh!

I picked up my phone and called Kaitlyn. Aayain ko siyang uminom sa bar today, kahit kaka-inom lang namin kahapon. I wasn't too productive that time, but I will be now!

"Hello?" She answered.

"Kait, you busy? Let's go to the bar later 8pm." I said.

"Why? Something wrong?" She asked.

"Wala, I wasn't too productive yesterday eh. And I'm in the mood today, dali na! Minsan lang ako mag-aya oh! My treat."

"Fine, fine sige!" She was convinced.

"Yey! See you later!" I said.

I hung up the phone, and tried to do some work until 5pm. I went back to the unit and found Sev watching cartoons again, iiwan ko nalang muna siya kay Caleb ulit, dahil wala namang magbabantay sa kan'ya. And for sure wala si Derrick doon sa kanila, so kay Caleb nalang.

"Hi Sev!" I greeted.

"Mommy!!" He shouted.

"How are you, baby??" I asked.

"I'm okay, mommy. Tita Kaitlyn visited me here kanina, so she could look at me." He smiled.

Hindi na'ko nagulat sa sinabi niya, dahil pina-duplicate ko 'yung susi ko para ibigay kay Kait para matignan-tignan niya si Sev.

"Oh, so where is she na?" I asked.

"Surprise!!" Kaitlyn shouted with her hands in the air. Napahawak ako sa dibdib ko sa gulat.