EPILOGUE

I took the board, for engineering. Nag-review ako for board exams, weeks have passed from taking my boards and I'm waiting for my results. When the results came, pinatignan ko kay mommy 'yung results, baka masaktan lang ako kapag hindi ko makita pangalan ko doon.

"Oh my god. Oh my god!" Mom screamed with joy.

"What? Is it bad? Wala ba ako mommy?" I asked.

"Anak, look!" Mommy said and saw her pointing at the laptop.

2987. Manzano, Sean Andrei C.

My eyes widened, and my lips parted in shock. I can't believe it! I passed! I really passed!

Nandoon din ang pangalan ng friends ko na si Simon at Bianca, they also passed the boards. I felt so happy and proud, not only to my self. But also to my fellow future civil engineers. The first months of the job, was really hard. Sobrang hirap ng mga pinapagawa ng head, kaya hindi madaling sundan ng sundan.

Nang tumagal I was promoted bilang Head Civil Engineer. I was signed to do some projects, I was assigned with houses, buildings, and other more. Hindi rin mahirap kaya naintindihan ko 'yung head namin noon kung bakit laging mainit ang ulo, dahil kahit kaunting hindi pagkakapantay lang, mapapangit ang bahay o building ng may-ari.

We went to different places for some other projects, pumunta kami ng Palawan, at doon nagsimula lahat ng 'di ko inaasahan.

Until one time, I was assigned to do a building from the Callao Company. Their company is one of the best running companies by this generation, not until I realized... Gwyn is the CEO of that company.

"Ayaw mo n'on pre? Magkikita ulit kayo ng ex asawa mo! Muling ibalik ang tamis ng pag-ibig!" Asar ni Simon.

"Gago ka ba? Ayaw na nga n'on sa'kin. Wala nang chance pa para magkabalikan kami." I said sarcastically.

"Malay mo 'diba, pre? It's not bad to keep your hopes up!" Pag-cheer up sa akin ni Simon.

I got a call from Aliana, saying we have a meeting at around 2 pm. Nauna ako makarating doon sa room kung saan kami mag-memeeting. Sumunod naman ang ibang employees ng company nila, they greeted me with kind faces and smiles. I can see they're employees are friendly.

Umupo ako sa fourth row of the left side of the table, with Simon behind me. He came with me, because he is my partnered engineer.

Nang malapit nang mapuno ang room, we waited for Gwyneth to come. The CEO of this company. We all looked at the door when she came in and behind her is her secretary, I suppose. Our eyes met, but we both looked in a different direction. Trying to avoid eye contact.

She looked more taller, and became more slim. She's been prettier than before, hay sanaol nag-g-glow up.

Nang matapos na ang meeting, lalabas na sana siya ng room, bago ko siya tinawag.

"Miss Callao?" I called.

She looked to me and raised her brows waiting for me to say something. I could smell her perfume from here.

"Thank you for accepting me in your company." I smiled.

She just nodded and walked outside, I miss her so much. I want her back. I didn't mean to cheat on her, but if that's what she believes. I have no choice, but to accept the fact.

I went home and laid down the bed, I took my wallet and looked at our small picture at the time of our wedding ceremony.

"I miss you, baby." I whispered.

Biglang tumawag sa akin si Philip, at sinagot ko naman 'yun.

"Hey, bro! What's up?" I answered.