Extra #2 - From Sniper's Perch

Calder watched the screens of Deca Tower after another lost round of Turf War. By the look on his face, he seemed extremely impatient. Yarrow, from the Squid Fiends, challenged everyone to get at least one splat on him during the next few days of Turf War, and if anyone ever did, he would reward the victor 70 Sea Snails and his own Kensa Splatterscope. That was certainly a lot of Sea Snails, and Calder really did want to get that prize, but Yarrow is an amazingly skilled sniper. He gave everyone a week to get a splat, and today was the last day of this little competition, and no one has gotten the jump on him yet. He was just that good, but Calder was determined he would finally get him today, if it was the last thing he did.

Another team came out of the Deca Tower with disappointed faces. They most likely failed to splat Yarrow, just like everyone else. Calder scoffed as he was about to make his way into the tower, only to accidentally bump into another Octoling who also tried to go in. He was wearing a Red Tentatek Tee with some gloves and an orange bandana across his neck. As Calder noticed who he bumped into, both glared at each other. "Calder..", the Octoling told his name. "Orange..", Calder mocked him for his ink color. "You know very well that's not my name.", Orange replied back at Calder. "And do I look like I care?", Calder retorted as they both continued to glare at each other.

"You're also after the Sea Snails, aren't you?", Calder asked him. "Are you gonna get in my way?", Orange asked in a challenging tone. "I don't need to. I'll already have them before you know it.", Calder retorted once again. "Don't get too cocky. I might just snatch that victory from your face.", Orange continued. "How? With a carefully thought up strategy? Maybe even some technological cheat?", Calder kept retorting, slightly losing his patience, or at least what was left of it. "At least I'm smart enough to make them.", Orange retorted angrily.

Calder was about to say something else, but a third voice interrupted him. "Cheats or no cheats, there's still no chance you will beat me.", the male voice said as an Inkling man, much older than either Calder or Orange, approached them. He wore some fake noise cancellers, an Inkling Parka and black boots. His ink color was gray, grading to black at the ends of the tentacles, and his hair consisted of four Inkling tentacles tied to the back of his head and two longer ones falling down the left side of his face, reaching past his waist. Orange seemed to have frowned. "Wasn't planning on cheating, anyway..", he muttered as he continued walking, readying himself to head to a Turf War.

Yarrow then approached Calder. "And what about you? Are you gonna try and splat me too?", he asked him in a challenging voice, but Calder simply crossed his arms confidently. "I won't try. I will. And I will get those Sea Snails.", Calder told Yarrow with confidence. All Yarrow did as a response was scoff. "I'd like to see you try and find me.", he joked with arrogance as he walked deeper into the Deca Tower, ready to go into another Turf War. Calder's patience began to grow thin. "I'll wipe off that cocky smile off his face, I swear...", Calder muttered to himself.

After a few minutes, Calder found himself in one side of Musselforge Fitness, readying himself for the Turf War with his trusty Dualie squelchers. He knew for sure Yarrow and the other Squid Fiends were on the other side of the stage. Surely, this time, he will get a splat on him and win those 70 Sea Snails. What he did not notice at first, however, was the teammate next to him, who was holding a Tenta Brella, was none other than Orange, now in Calder's team color. Both glared at each other. "Why are you on my team!?", Calder exclaimed. "I was gonna ask Squid Force the same thing.", Orange replied, but Calder simply scoffed and looked in front of him, ready to splat his way to the prize. "You better not get in my way, then.", Calder told Orange as the match was about to start.

Ready...?

Go!

Calder, Orange and the rest of their team began to ink the Turf in front of them as the Squid Fiends did the same on the other side. Calder decided to sprint much farther than the rest of his team. It may still be a Turf War, but Calder's goal was to splat Yarrow, not ink turf. He continued to speed towards the Squid Fiends's side of the stage as he managed to splat one of their own, but unfortunately, it was not the one he was looking for. He must be somewhere near their spawn point to camp. Calder takes out campers as if it was his day job, and he was confident today would be no different, unlike the previous other days.