A (not so) simple Thank you

For as long as I can remember, I've been creating stories, whether it be fanfiction, roleplay or something entirely original. I always had so much fun writing every chapter of each and every one, but I always came across some kind of issue. An irreversible inconsistency in the story, an unrealistic character or, quite simply, a lack of motivation. I have never managed to complete a single one of my stories, or at least, complete one I'm satisfied with.

The idea of OctoSquids began about a year ago. I was trying not to make it in the form of a novel (in fact, I refused) because I thought the emotions from each character would be much more believable if it could be perceived to the audience, instead of having them imagine it all. But I really didn't have any other choice. I didn't have too much money to buy a computer, and I had no experience whatsoever in animation. And don't even get me started on how I draw. I really didn't know what to do, until I told myself "It is long past time I did something". And on February 10, 2020, I finally did, uploading the OctoSquids Prologue. For a long time, I thought that the best stories were the ones you could see the actual characters in action. I could not have been more mistaken.

Minutes after I put it up, I was flooded by people liking my story, and it was enough motivation for me to start writing more. And now, after 18 parts and 16 chapters, we've finally reached the end. And all because I really like the Splatoon series and story telling! You have no idea how happy that makes me feel, not only to finally finish a story I'm satisfied with, but to know that I got consistent fans, and even a few friends along the way. A simple Thank You would never be quite enough to you all how much I appreciate it, but right now, it's the best I can do.

(Unfortunately, not everyone that I wanna thank has a Wattpad account apart from Lukethepumpkin, who has helped me overcome writer's block and making sure each Chapter looks perfect. A full list of credits can be found in the Splatoon amino 👀)

However, for the fans of the story that keep coming back for more, I've got great news. OctoSquids is not quite over yet. This story may be over, but there is so much more to come. I am working on another and maybe darker story that fits in with the OctoSquids lore. It might take a while to finish, so I will also be uploading three extra chapters really soon that may or may not be eye opening. 👀 Though, what can I possibly write about next that ties in to OctoSquids? Well, all I can say is, it won't be a continuation of the main story, or at least not yet. It all starts with a very important question:

"What happened in Coral Shores?"

~コーラルショアーズ~

It will still take a while before you know anything new about this new story, so while you're waiting for the extras, why not relive the Hybrid's story one more time? I know I am! 👀 Once again, thank you so much for the support and for sticking around for so long.