Still Flirtacious

I made it to the gate of Phoenix Drop and I saw Garroth on top of the wall.

   " Hey, Garroth! "

   " Y/n? "

He looked over the wall and spotted me. He quickly let the gate come up and I rode through, letting the gate close behind me. Garroth met me on the ground and took off his helm. He had a small smile on his face as I jumped off of H/n. He pulled me into a tight hug.

   " I missed you. "

   " I was only gone for a couple of days. "

   " I know but it was lonely without you here. "

   " Well, I'm back now. "

   " Good. You belong here in Phoenix Drop. "

   " Thanks, Garroth. "

   " Let me take H/n to the stables. Go see Laurence. "

   " Thank you. "

He nodded at me and took H/n's reigns. I walked quickly to Aphmau's house. As soon as I got there I didn't see her inside so I walked to the basement. I saw Aphmau sitting with Zoey at a table and she looked very tired. She was leaning her head on her hand and leaned against the table with her expression sullen. Levin was in the corner playing with some blocks and Zoey had a neutral expression.

   " Hey, guys. "

Aphmau looked up at me and her eyes lit up in happiness.

   " Y/n! "

She stood up and ran to me from her chair. She pulled me into a warm hug and I hugged her back. she pulled away but held onto my arms.

   " I'm so glad you're back! You need to go see Laurence. "

   " Where is he? "

   " In that room right there. "

She pointed to one of the room doors that was closed. I nodded at her and she let go of me. I slowly walked to the wooden door. I reached my hand towards the handle but I was afraid of what would be on the other side of the door. I took in a deep breath and opened the door. When I walked inside I saw Laurence laying on the bed. His eyes were closed and his orange hair was laying flat against the bed. there was a chair pulled up to the side of the bed. I sat down on the chair and Laurence didn't flinch. I held his shoulder and shook it a bit. I saw his eyes open and what made me jump was his eye color. His eyes weren't green anymore but they were white.

   " Hello? Who's there? "

His voice sounded uneven and he balled his fists like he was about to hit someone.

   " Laurence, it's me. Y/n. "

   " Y/n? I thought they said you were in O'Khasis. "

   " I was but I got a letter saying that you came back and I knew I had to come and see you. "

   " Isn't that sweet? "

   " Oh hush up, Laurence. Even when you're beaten down you still manage to lift anyone with your flirting ways. "

   " Always. Pretty girls, like yourself, should be treated like princesses. "

   " Well, thanks. How are you feeling? "

   " I'm in a lot of pain. Mentally and physically but I'll be okay. How was O'Khasis? "

   " Well, the buildings were beautiful and I made a friend while I was down there. We talked every day and ate lunch together. "

   " What did he look like? "

   " He had dark raven hair. Vibrant bright baby blue eyes. He wasn't much of a people person but we hung around each other a lot. We would meet in the garden and then eat lunch. Next, we walked around the garden until I had to go. "

   " It sounds like I have some competition. "

   " Oh, shut up. He was just a friend so calm down you flirt. " I said smiling.

   " If I ever meet this man I'll have to give him some choice words. He's trying to steal you from me and I don't like it. "

   " Laurence you and I are only friends. "

   " We'll see about that! "

   " Laurence I swear to Irene! "

I slapped his shoulder and he flinched.

   " I'm injured! How dare you hit an injured person! "

   " The injured person needed it! "

( Garroth's P.O.V. )

   " If I ever meet this man I'll have to give him some choice words. He's trying to steal you from me and I don't like it. "

   ' Does Laurence really like Y/n? '

I heard everything they were talking about. I was only going to tell Laurence, hello but I heard their conversation.

   ' I don't like that. I don't like that at all. I admitted I had a crush on Y/n and now I hear their conversation by accident. What do I do now? '