Forgiveness

The walk to Phoenix Drop was long and it felt awkward between Garroth and me. I wanted to wait until we were back to tell him what happened. I talked with Zoey a lot as we rode the horses back. When we did get back I noticed that there were some new structures around. There was a big tree that hovered over the village and a witches tower on the water. I didn't want to question it, so I zipped my lips. We rode to the stables and I jumped off my horse. I gave the reigns to KiKi and she gladly took the horse away. I saw Garroth's horse was already put away so I walked up to Garroth. 

   " Garroth, we need to talk. "

He only nodded and grabbed my hand. We started walking away from the stables and towards the Irene statue that was placed at the edge of the cliff. We sat down and I took a breath before talking. 

   " Garroth, I was tricked into leaving. "

   " Tricked? "

   " Yes, on the way back from our date you left to go grab your helm from the beach. "

   " Yes. "

   " I waited for you but I heard something in the forest beside me. I went to inspect the noise and I wandered upon a small clearing. I looked into the clearing to see two figures. It was you and Aphmau. You two were kissing and I felt hurt, Garroth. So, I went back to the path we were originally walking on. I grabbed the basket and started walking away, wanting to go home. "

   " That's when you saw me running behind you. "

   " Yes, I was hurt and I didn't want to see you. So, I went home, and then days later Zane was in my home. He asked me if I wanted to go with him to O'Khasis and I said I would. I willingly left, Garroth. I wasn't forced. "

   " You understand that wasn't me now don't you? "

   " Yes, I drank a potion at Zane's castle and saw what really happened that day in the clearing. Zane tricked me to come with him to O'Khasis. I'm sorry Garroth I was just hurt and sad. "

It was quiet now. Garroth didn't say a word and neither did I. I waited for his response but I was only given silence. I looked out at the sky past the statue and stared at the soft clouds. The sun was shining on my face and it felt warm. The breeze was also blowing through the air. Soon it would be winter and snow would be covering the ground. 

   " Y/n, I understand you were hurt but you should have talked to me about it before doing anything else. "

   " I know. I was just upset and hurt. "

   " I understand but please talk to me from now on. Even if it's something simple like having a bad day or you just didn't wake up on the good side of the bed. U want you to promise me you'll talk to me from now on. "

   " I promise Garroth. I'm really sorry for doing that to you. "

   " I forgive you. "

I leaned in to hug him and he accepted the hug. He hugged me back and it was warm. I smiled into the hug glad to be back in his arms.