Making Him Jealous

" So, you can dual wield? "

   " Yeah, I didn't want to learn only one sword so I learned with two. "

   " That's cool, I bet it took a long time to learn with two. "

   " Not really, it wasn't that bad. "

   " So, has Aphmau let you become a guard yet? "

   " Yeah, she has! I've been working really hard around the village and doing my best to keep everyone safe. It's actually really fun to walk around and explore the village. "

   " How? "

   " Well, there's this girl that walks with me every day around lunch. "

   " Ooh, who is she? "

   " She's the me'ifwa that owns the bakery. Kawaii~Chan I think her name is. "

   " Awww that would be a cute relationship. "

   " Don't jinx us now okay. "

   " I won't but I'm just saying that it would be really cute. "

   " Y/n can I talk to you for a minute? "

I looked towards the door of my house and saw Laurence standing in the doorway. It had been days since we arrived back to Phoenix Drop from our long journey together. When we got back I had shown Dante around and he had become a guard here at Phoenix Drop. I saw him as a brother and he would always come over and eat dinner with me. Garroth and I have been closer than ever before. I stood up from my couch and walked to the door.

   " What do you need Laurence? "

   " I just wanted to talk to you about Garroth. "

   " What about Garroth? "

   " We both know he likes you but he won't do anything about it so I think we need to make a plan to get him to confess. "

   " What would this plan be? "

   " Well, I was thinking along the lines of making him so jealous that he confesses. "

   " Don't tell me you intend on dating me just for the sake of this. "

   " Not date per se but flirt a lot. Like more than usual. "

   " Sure, I guess. Let's do it. When do you want to initiate the plan? "

   " Let's start it today. "

   " You're eager aren't you? "

   " A little bit. He's like a brother to me, I want to see him happy. Now let's go, we can start flirting in the market because he'll be leaving the mine any minute. "

   " What about Dante? "

" He'll be fine on his own. He's a big strong boy."

   " Not a man? "

   " Not even close. "

Laurence grabbed your hand and started running to the market. You ran with him and when you were in the center of the market place he got super close to you.

   " Let's buy some dessert and act really in love. "

   " This better be some good dessert. "

   " Only the best. "

We walked to the booth and bought a couple of macaroons. we walked around eating them nad laugh at each other. Garroth had left the mine after we had bought the dessert and I could feel his gaze on us as we walked around. Laurence's acting was really good and he flirted with me a lot but I could only laugh and flirt back with him. When we stopped walking I noticed there was only one macaroon left. I had taken it and started eating it.

   " Hey, at least let me have a piece! "

Laurence got close to my face and bit a part of the cookie off. I backed up from him feeling slightly uncomfortable about his closeness.

   " Laurence! "

We looked over and saw Garroth walking to us and the anger was evident in his eyes. You grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Laurence and out of the market place. I was confused about where we were going but I just ate the rest of my macaroon and followed him. When I looked back at Laurence I saw him give me a thumbs up. I rolled my eyes and continued to follow Garroth to where ever we were going.