NEW BEGINNING

"No its not possible. You are kidding with me. Nakul is kidding with me right Jyesth?" I ask the question directly to Jyesth because he is the only person from whom I could expect the truth. But he too disappointed me." No Advaita we have really asked for Khandavprasth as our kingdom. Panchali made the decision for us." How could my brothers be so naive. Khandavprasth was a barren land inhabited by spiteful nagas. No other paet of the place except the forest received rainfall as promised by Indradev and these people had taken the decision to go and settle. To have a new beginning there. Wasn't this ridiculous! But there was no more time to brood over the decision as it was Jyesth Bhrata's Rajya-abhishek and we needed to look after every detail. After perfecting everything we went to get ourselves ready.
I wore a white dress which had a pink dupatta. There were tons of jewellery which I had to wear cause I was the king's sister. I kept on Kanha's bracelet and tied my hair in a half braid. After placing the required ornaments on my hair I took out the casket where I had kept the peacock feathers gifted by Kanha-a dasi entered seeking permission for Nakul to enter.
"Hello sister all dolled up?" He asked. "Yes. Now, dear brother tell me how do I look?" I said twirling around in my dress. Nakul was the best looking prince of Hastinapur and when I and him walked together the subjects would say that we looked like a celestial pair of siblings. "You are one of the most beautiful princess of the Aryavart you are always beautiful dear even when you were in the attire of a vanavasi." He pauses,"umm...are those Vasudev's?" He asks pointing at the feathers. "No technically he gifted them to me so they are mine and I am going to wear them today." I say while putting on the feather on head and while doing so I looked up at Nakul closely he looked bothered. I put an arm on his shoulder," What is it? What is bothering you?" I asked him. "Everything that had happened in the recent past. Everything! It includes our marriage too and...and Jyesth Bhrata choosing Khandavprasth. I can't express everything in words but..." I cut him in, "I know how you feel. I can understand even if you cannot express in words. But believe me, we have nothing in our hands. We have to accept whatever the destiny has in store for us. Now lets go otherwise we would be late. Come."
Bhratashree was bathed by sandalwood paste , turmeric and milk. Then Guru Kripacharya completed the abhishek. Tatshree then asked Jyesth which part of Kururashtr he wanted. Pitamah said he had a few suggestions but Jyesth stuck with Khandavprasth. Tatshree,mamashree and the kauravas were too happy with the decision. Then tatshree said that he wanted mother to stay in Hastinapur with them. We were about to protest but mother stopped us. His next announcement enraged my brothers. He wanted me to stay back in Hastinapur. It was definitely a plan of mamashree Shakuni. No pleadings from my brothers,mother,Panchali and Pitamah could change Tatshree's decision so I thought stepping in. "I am ready to stay in Hastinapur Tatshree" ,  I paused "but I have a burgain. My brothers have always treated me to be their soubhagya so as I am not going to Khandavprasth they are going to lack it therefore give them the regions that Pitamah sorted out for them cause they are already developed." A grin passed through my brothers' face and mamashree Shakuni took on the proceedings. "Maharaj" he called out,"I think dear Advaita should go with her brothers. Even Princess Panchali needs a companion in the barren lands of Khandavprasth. Let her go maharaj." My work was done. I was sure that they won't give a better kingdom to my brothers by keeping me as a hostage.
Before leaving for Khandavprasth Bhrata Karn met me by the banks of Mata Ganga. "I'll miss you so much sister. Whenever you need me send for me and..." he brought out a dagger,"this is a gift for my sister's valour. Use it need and try not to get yourself killed this time." There were tears in his eyes. I held his hand and felt speechless.  "You can come with us if you want to. You know you are actually my brother." "I can't come you and I know I am your brother." He said with smile on his face. "I didn't mean that I meant that you are..." I was about to say him about his true parentage but a messenger cut me,"Rajkumari, Maharani Kunti is calling you just now. Please come." I looked back at Bhrata Karn. He gestures me to leave with tears in his eyes and I left. Left the old and moved towards a new beginning. For all of us.

Hope you liked this chapter. Keep voting and commenting. Keep showing your support and love. I have never had siblings- only cousins so this showing this sibling love is  bit tough for me. I tried my best.