It's Time you Respect Me (III)

A shot on Diwali night when Arnav doesn't understand Khushi's point of views regarding parenting and the importance of money and makes fun of her instead.
Requested by @prettybhawana1 and @Mehakshakir

Continuation.....

Raizada Mansion

Arnav stepped inside RM, his gaze sweeping across the space, seeking out the singular presence that mattered to him above all others

Arnav stepped inside RM, his gaze sweeping across the space, seeking out the singular presence that mattered to him above all others. His wife, the very embodiment of grace and patience, whom he had consistently let down, the one he held dearest yet inflicted the most pain upon. He was desperate to make things right after his rash actions the night before.

With a heavy heart, he murmured, "Hari parkash," a sigh escaping him as he ventured into the kitchen, her usual sanctuary. Yet, to his dismay, it lay deserted, a stark reminder of the distance that had crept between them. The emptiness of the room mirrored the void he felt inside, amplifying his resolve to bridge the gap his actions had created.

""Yes, Arnav Bhaiyya," Hari Prakash responded, quickly picking up on the urgency in his voice.

"Where's Khushi?" Arnav inquired, his eyes scanning for the petite figure usually adorned in a silk saree.

"She's in your bedroom," came the reply. "Do you want anything else, Bhaiyya?"

"Just my wife and some privacy. You may take the rest of the day off," he commanded, before hastening upstairs.

He entered their bedroom only to discover her completely engrossed in a book, a serene figure nestled comfortably on the bed, her attention unwavering from the printed words. Her immersion was so deep that his arrival didn't disturb her in the slightest.

A soft "Hi," he murmured, barely above a whisper, finally capturing her attention.

"You're back," she said, her voice carrying a chill that unmistakably reflected her mood. She inserted a bookmark into her book, placed it on the nightstand with care, and then stood, moving towards their closet. He followed, his sigh heavy with unspoken emotions.

"Have you eaten?" she asked, her tone still distant.

Arnav offered a small smile, an attempt to bridge the gap between them. "I said we'd have lunch together, didn't I?" His eyes lingered on her, observing as she selected his loungewear and handed it to him.

"Go freshen up. I'll heat up the food," she directed, her demeanor softening slightly as she turned to leave.

"Khushi," he called out, a hint of sadness in his voice as he hoped to see her usual lively self. She paused, throwing him a quick look over her shoulder.