Chapter 8

We hear Ali scream and everyone quickly rises to their feet and runs to the Coring room.
"Slowly." Says Johns to the Hoodoo man as he quickly walks in front of us looking for his son. Everyone starts looking around for him I look up hearing that same strange screeching noise from before. There inside shit.

"Jack, wait." Says Fry pushing him back behind her everyone spreads out as the monsters fly out around us ducking as they came flying over our heads, then flying to take cover in the cave entrance. I automatically know that Ali did not make it. Damn it.

We crowd around the hole looking down when the torch was being thrown. We see all the bones of the people that were previously here. I feel bad for them. They had no chance of leaving.

"Other buildings weren't secure.""So they ran here. Heaviest doors.""Thought they'd be safe inside, but they forgot to lock the cellar." Riddick explains to them crouching over the hole a level below with me as Fry and Johns with Shazza were above us.
Everyone moved down to where Rid and I were.
"Let's board this place up and get the hell outta here." Says Johns waving us to follow him. Riddick puts his goggles back on his eyes as Shazza comes over she starts taking her air thing off.

"Here." She says tossing it at him
"What it's broken?" Asks Riddick throwing it to the ground in irritation.
"No you asshole, I'm trying to say that I am sorry." She replies back in anger as she kicks the air breather toward him walking away scoffing. I shake my head at them looking back down to the hole. Riddick still grabs the air thing and tests it out slinging it over his big wide shoulders. He offers some to me I decline

"No I'm good, thank you." I say giving him a quick kiss on the cheek and make my away towards the others.

"Whatever those things were, they seem to stick to darkness." "So if we stick to daylight, we should be okay." I hear Johns say to Fry.

"Let's go." He tells her.

"Twenty-two years ago." All she says back.

"What?" He says looking at her confused.

"These coring samples are dated." "Last one's  twenty two years ago this month." She says.

"Is there something special about that?" Johns says sarcastically.

"I don't know." "There could be." She replies moving away from him to the room we were in as everyone else follows in after them.
Fry plays with the planets to see what the pattern is to the samples from the other room. I stand next to Riddick with my hand on his shoulder leaning against him watching her. The thing strikes 22 as Fry looks up at all of us. She goes back to looking at planets then she starts moving it back and forth to see how long the shadow is supposed to last.

"An eclipse." Says Fry looking over to me and Riddick.

"You're not afraid of the dark, are you?" Is all he replies I just smile at her.