Chapter 10

"Looks like we're a few shy." Says Rid "Power cells." He clarifies.
"They're coming." Says Fry with a shaky voice. "It's strange not doing a run-up on the main drive yet." He responds taking off his breather. "Unless... unless he told you the particulars of our escape." I hear him say. Hmm we always have fun doing that, well at least I do haha.

"I got the quick and ugly version." She says to him moving a little. I turn my head more to the left listening.

"Now you're worried about a repeat of history." He says.

"It has entered our minds." Fry responds. I cringe a little hearing the loud bangs inside where Rid steps getting closer to her I assumed. I grit my teeth and tighten my crossed arms. Yep I definitely don't like this.

"I asked what you thought." He says to her.

"You scare me, Riddick. That's what you want to hear, isn't it?" She says.
"Now can I just get back to work?" I growl lowly at his next words seething in anger and jealousy.

"I've been meaning to catch up with you alone, unrestrained." "Do you think... You think John's is a do-right man? You think I can trust him to cut us loose?" He asks. There's a slight seems like forever pause before she responds.
She's probably loving being close to my man! Ugh I'm gonna kill that bitch the first chance I get.

"Why what did you hear?" I hear her say nervously.
I roll my eyes he's not gonna hurt you. It's me you gotta worry about if we're alone together. I grit my teeth harder.

"Well guess if it were truckeration he'd just X us out, huh? He'd kill us." He paused before continuing
"Then again, we are worth twice as much alive. Oh you didn't know that?" He says.
"Your Johns ain't a cop. He's got that nickel-slick badge and that blue uniform, but he's just a merk." He tells her.
"And we're just a payday. That's why he won't kill us see? The creed is greed." He says.

"Don't waste my time." Fry says trying to act like she's not gonna shit her pants from him being so close to her.

"We're not gonna turn on each other, no matter how hard you try." She says acting tough moving back to her seat. I hear her clicking some buttons while Riddick moves closer.

"I don't truly know what's gonna happen when the lights go out, Carolyn.""But I do know once the dying starts, this little psycho-fuck family of ours is gonna rip itself apart." He tells her moving away to the back of the ship towards the exit.

"Ever wonder why Johns shakes like that?" Rid asks her

"Ask him.""Ask why your crew pal had to scream so painfully before he died." I snap out of the eavesdropping when the door opens up.
I look over to see Riddick come out.

"You really scared her." I say to him smiling. He smirks at me as he walks over standing in front of my small frame towering over me.
"Just doing my job at making sure we have some fun at least." He says.

I smile up at him wrapping my arms around his neck getting on my tippy toes to give him a kiss. My lips touch his and he instantly pulls me smush against his body deepening the kiss. We make out for a while finally getting some well deserved alone time.