Chapter 13

Nolean woke up listening to the birds tweet and the wind howl gently. She had a gentle smirk on her face. As she sat up she realize there was a bird on her it was a crow. "Mr. Crow!" She spoke excitedly. She bird flutter off her and onto the old chest. "Where have you been?" She let out a yawn. Another bird flew in a bit smaller then him. She gasp "You have a wife!" The bird crow loudly she heard it say yes. She froze in shock.

I can talk to birds now? She thought surprised. She quickly shook it off.
"Well she gourgeous." She went to go pet the bird but he peck her hand making her retract her hand rubbing it. "What was that for?" She pouted. It squak the word school.

"There isn't school...I think?" She quickly turn in her phone to see she was bombarded my miss phone calls and text messages. She look to see it was Monday and school was already over. "Oh no, no, no I'm going to get in trouble with Aunt Jenna even more " The birds squak repeatdly as they were laughing at her. She turn her head facing them with a upset glare. "That the last time I feed you pieces of bread." She swoosh the birds away bidding them bye. She put back her covers and pillow shoving her phone in her pocket making it down the ladder. As she turned she was surrounded by animals.

"I feel like I just walk out of a Disney movie." She quickly went to pet all the animals or talk to them briefly. She felt bad as they beg her to stay and play but she promise next time to she would.

She open the front door trying to sneak in to see no one home. She did a fist pump to the air running straight into her room in victory. She lock the door behind and made sure she lock her window aswell. She quickly took a hot shower and threw herself in a towel.

She heard knocking at her door she stay silent panicking.

"Nolean open this door right now!" It was Aunt Jenna. Maybe if I act like I'm not here she won't knotice. She tip toed to her closet picking out clothing. "Nolean Rosemary Gilbert I know your in there!" She sigh. "I don't want to talk about it."

She was now worried Nolean was always open with her. She put on a simple outfit. "Are you hurt?" She ask softly. "No I'm fine." Jenna got an idea. "Do you want to come with me for a burger?" Nolean scramble to the door shoving glasses onto her face peep out. "Really?" She put out her pinky. "I promise." Nolean hesitated before linking her pinky with hers. "Okay."

◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫◻▫