Unforgettable

We started walking away from the tower and attempted to follow the map that the woman gave us at the barn.

"Is it this way or..." I was trying to figure out which direction to go in.
"I think it's up here because it's a hill." Tom pointed to a nearby hill. 
"That makes sense." I laughed and followed him up the hill.

"What are you most afraid of?" Tom asked. "We're doing these questions again?" I laughed.
"Come on," He walked in backwards facing me. I sighed and thought for a moment.
"I'm most afraid that the last person that every says my name is saying it in a bad way." I said. "What do you mean?"

"Well someone, one day, is going to be the last ever person to mention me and to talk about me and to say my name. And if they're talking about me in a bad way then...all of my life and my work just goes to waste." Tom stayed silent for a minute or two.
"I've never thought of that before." He said thoughtfully.
"My Dad used to always say it..."
"Why?" Tom asked. He was expecting a bad answer and he wasn't wrong.

"He always loved Charlie so much and he bonded so much more with him. Charlie was always the more academic one. I was the creative one. So my Dad used to always say to me, 'Isabella, you're a young girl who can't do much but you have to do something. And when you do something you better be good as hell at it or else the last person that says your name will say it in spite'." I said.
"He said that to you?"
I nodded. "All the time. And Charlie never got that talk."
"Sorry." He said.
"Don't be. It's not your fault."
"It's not your fault either." Tom said. I nodded and smiled.
"Thanks." I smiled. We hiked up the hill for about 10 minutes.

"How long is it up here?" I complained.
"I have no idea but it better be good." Tom said. We climbed the hill for another 15 minutes until we finally got to the top.
"I don't see anything." I put my hands on my hips and looked around.

"Wait," Tom walked further over the hill. "Ella..." He said.
"What?" I asked as I followed him. Then I saw it. It was a huge gate that was filled with padlocks.
"What the hell is that?" I asked and we walked to the gate. There was a huge bucket of padlocks with keys attached to them nearby. I looked at all of them, running my fingers passed them.

"There's a note." Tom said and took it off of the gate.
"Add a lock with the one you love. Make a promise and throw away the key. This shows the dedication and love you have for one another. Don't tell anyone about this spot and only leave it to the travelers who find it." He read and looked up at me.
"But she told us." I said with a smile. He shrugged.
"Should we do it?" He asked.
"Sure." I smiled. We both dipped our hand into the bucket and pulled a lock out. We took the keys off of them and unlocked them.

"Hey we can write stuff on them." Tom noticed stickers and pens.
"Let's do it." I said. We picked up the plain white stickers and a pen.
"What do we write?" I asked.
"How we feel right now." He smiled. I nodded and thought for a second.

Joy, disbelief, love. I wrote.
Did I really just put love? No it's not love. We've known each other for what? A few hours? You can't fall in love that fast...But what if I have?

"Ready?" Tom asked.
I coughed, "Yup." I said.
"Don't look." He said shyly. I turned away and he attached the lock.
"Have you thrown away the key?" I asked. "Yup. You're turn and don't look." He said.
"I won't." I avoided his lock and put mine on the gate and locked it.
"Have you thrown away the key?" He asked. His back was facing me.

What if I don't throw away the key and I give it to him before I leave so he knows how I feel? I slipped it in the jacket pocket.

"Yes. You can turn around now." I smiled.
"Did you peek at my lock?"
"No. I didn't."
He squinted, "I don't believe you."
"I didn't!" I laughed.
"Fine. I believe you." He wrapped an arm around my neck.

"Shall we go, Isabella?" He asked.
"We shall, Thomas." I smiled and we walked away. Tom looked back for a bit before I moved his face forward.
"You'll never read it from here." I smiled. "Damn it." He laughed.
"Where to?" I asked.
"Well...I believe next on your list is drinking." He said.
"Oh yes. Let's drink."

We got down from the hill and found the nearest bar. We walked in and it was relatively quiet. A few people were dancing and a group of girls were at the bar.

"What shall we have?" Tom asked as we sat down at the bar.
"Just a beer for me." I said.
"Coming right up." Tom smiled and ordered us both beers.
"It's really nice here." I said as I took the traditional interior in. There were chandeliers and the worktops were marble.

"Old fashioned Paris design, what's better than that?" He asked sarcastically. The bartender sat the bottles of beer in front of us and we clinked them then drank.
"Tell me the most famous person you know." I said to Tom. He thought for a moment.
"I've worked with Samuel L. Jackson, RDJ, Jake Gyllenhaal...oh I met The Rock." He said casually.

"You met The Rock are you serious?"
"Yup. I've met Tom Hanks on the Graham Norton show and he did an acting exercise with me." He laughed.
"Holy shit."
"And who else?...Oh yeah and Marissa Tomei and Emma Watson and-"
"Where did you meet Emma Watson?" I asked. "At the Wimbledon finals. And Luke Evans was with her." He laughed.

"Holy shit! You met Hermione Granger and Bard in the same day..." I was finding it hard to take all of that information in.
"Yeah it was funny. I was trying so hard to keep my cool because I'm such a huge Harry Potter fan and there's a paparazzi picture of my Dad and I just trying to stay calm and failing miserably." He laughed.
"Oh wow." I laughed.
"But anyway-"

"Would you guys like to pick a song?" A couple who finished dancing to the song that was playing asked.
"Sure." I hopped off of the barstool and walked over to the jukebox.
"There's Michael Buble in this!" I exclaimed to Tom. Tom walked over to the jukebox.
"This one. Absolute classic." I clicked 'Unforgettable' but Michael Buble's version. It began to play and I wrapped my arms around Tom's neck.

"Unforgettable, hmmm that's what you are." I sang to Tom and he watched me in amusement and placed his hands on my hips. "Unforgettable, though near or far." He sang back. I looked shocked for a moment that he knew the lyrics.

"Like a song of love that clings to me," I sang. "Mmm, how the thought of you...does things to me." He raised his eyebrows and I threw my head back in laughter.
"Never before, has a someone been more...mmmm unforgettable in every way." I sang as we swayed back and forth.

"And forever more, that's how you're gonna stay, babe." He sang. He was actually quite a good singer and I was impressed by him. He twirled me out and twirled me back in closely. "And that's why darling, it's incredible someone soooo unforgettable...thinks that I am, unforgettable too." He crooned in my ear as we were chest to chest. His voice sent shivers down my spine and goosebumps raised on my skin.

"And that's why darling, when you hold my hand," He sang.
"I can hardly understand how someone like you  think that I am.." I sang. "Unforgettable...too." He smiled and finished and we looked at each other as the song finished.

"Do you think we'll ever forget one another?" I asked.
"You better not." He grinned. I gripped the nape of his neck and kissed him.
"One more song?" I asked.
"Of course." He said with a smile.