Such A Night

1 year later

"Ella, come on! It'll be so much fun! Just come out for one night!" Elena, my best friend pleaded.

"I can't! I have to finish this arrangement for tomorrow's gig." I said.
"You're coming now! I'll do it for you when we get back." She said.
I laughed, "No you will not."
"I will! I promise!" She clasped her hands. I rolled my eyes and sighed.
"Fine. I'll come out."

I quickly went into my bedroom and changed into a black cocktail dress and I put some black heels on. I brushed my hair then grabbed my clutch bag and chucked my phone into it and I grabbed my keys.

"I love you! Let's go." Elena said and left the apartment in excitement. I switched off the lights and my eye caught the Polaroid picture on the wall and I smiled at it before closing the door behind me. I locked the door and we rushed out of the apartment complex.

"You always hold that key." Elena shook her head and I looked down.
I was holding the key that Tom gave me in Paris. I shoved it into my bag.
"I don't." I smiled.

We walked down the street to the jazz club we always went to. We walked in and immidiately ordered some drinks and chatted to a few people. We shimmied our way through the crowd of people and got to the front.

"Okay next up is 'The Jazz Club's' Michael Buble!" The host announced.
"Oh I love George!" I shouted to Elena as George Carmichael came on the stage. He was always amazing and was a regular to the club.

"This song is one of my favourites and is a very underrated song so here is, 'Such A Night'." He announced we all clapped and cheered and the band started playing. Everyone around us was dancing.

"It was a night! Oh what a night it was, it really was such a night!" He sang. Elena and I started dancing and singing along.

"This song has always reminded me of this guy I met in Paris." I shouted over the music to her. "The guy in that Polaroid?" She asked.
"Yeah!" I shouted.
"He looks hot!"
I laughed, "He was!"

"Hmm, when she kissed me I had to fall in love." He sang and dipped the microphone stand. I was then whisked away by John who was a regular that always came.

"My favourite dancer!" He shouted to me as we waltzed around the room.
"Ditto!" I shouted back. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much and then John spun me out and I was thrown into another man's arms.

"I'm Caleb!" He laughed and took my hands. "I'm Ella!" I shouted and we continued dancing.
"Just the thought of her lips set me afire!" Caleb sang as we danced around the room.
"I reminisce, I'm filled with desire!" I sang back and he laughed.
"How old are you?" I asked him.
"26! What about you?"
"24!" I shouted.
"Perfect." He laughed.
"What do you mean perfect? You're not taking me home tonight mister!" I laughed.
He shrugged, "We'll see about that." I threw my head back in laugher.

"Ohhh what a night." He sang.
"I'll have to leave you as there's a line of men awaiting your hand." Caleb said with a smile. "It was lovely dancing with you." I shouted. He smiled and danced with another woman probably telling her the same thing.
Then another man picked my hand up and I looked up at him.

"A dance?" He asked. He was tall and blonde and had piercing blue eyes.
"Yes, thank you." I smiled and we picked up the pace quite fast.
"You're a good dancer!" I shouted.
"So are you! What's your name?" He asked. "Isabella but you can call me Ella!" I shouted. His brows furrowed slightly but he shook his head and smiled.
"I'm Harrison." He shouted.
"Nice to meet you!" I shouted. He twirled me under his arm a few times and I nearly toppled over but he caught me.

"You okay?" He asked with a chuckle and brought me back onto my feet.
"Yeah thank you." I laughed. We were then pushed into a large circle with everyone in it. "What's happening?" Harrison asked as we stood in the circle and watched the couple in the middle.

"Dance circle!" I laughed and clapped. Elena then came up behind me and joined the circle. "I'm Elena." She introduced herself to Harrison.
"I'm Harrison." They shook hands but had googly eyes for each other. He wasn't my type anyway. The couple left the dance floor so I pushed Elena in and Harrison joined her. "ELLA!" She shouted at me.
"Dance!" I laughed.

They took each other's hand and then started dancing and they gained a huge applause and cheers from the crowd and I watched with awe at them both.

"Oh what a night! Oh what a night it was, it really was such a night!" George sang.
The circle then just merged in and everyone was dancing freely.

"Oh how bright it was, it really was such a night!" I sang and danced with Elena.
"But I'll never forget, forget the kisses in the moonlight. How will I remember? I'll always remember." I sang to myself.

I thought about Tom every day and I'd stareat the polaroid on the wall for ages but tonight I wasn't sad that it was over...I was glad that it happened.
And it might have taken me a full 365 days to realise that what we had was so special and that we'll probably never see each other again. But I'm happy.
I'm really happy in New York in a Jazz club on a Friday night, dancing and singing.

My hand was taken and I was spun round many times and I was so dizzy. It was probably John again. Then who ever it was let go of my hand but caught my waist and as I fell to the ground, he caught me mid-air.
They brought me back to my feet and it took a second to regain my vision and when I did I looked in front of me.

"Hey crazy." They said.
"What the fuck?" I reached my hands out and cupped his face.
"No...no way..." I thought out loud.

"Ella?" He asked with a huge smile.
"Tom?" I asked, astonished with what I thought I saw in front of me.
"So you haven't forgotten me?" He asked with a smile.

"But before that dawn, yes before that dawn! Ohh, before that dawn!" He sang and took my hands. I was still in shock.

"Hmm." He dipped me.
"Ohhh." He brought me back up.
"You're here?" I asked in awe.
"I'm here." He smiled and his lips softly touched mine.

The band came to a finish and when they did, Tom dipped me and a flash went off. Someone took a picture of us.

"Ready for a night in NYC?" He asked me.
"So ready." I smiled.