I'll Be Seeing You

Isabella's POV
I walked away from Tom with my bags in my hands and tears streaming down my face. That's how he wanted to leave this? I wanted him to call my name and demand me to stay. I wanted him to just grab my face and kiss me and tell me how much he loves me...but he didn't. I looked at the different boards and finally found the one that said 'PARIS TO LOS ANGELES. 8:00.'. I checked the gate number, got my ticket and then I set off and went in line for security.

Finally, I got to the front of the line and I put everything on the trays, including Tom's jacket which I was going to bin straight after. I walked through the metal detector and was all good.

"Uh Miss?" The operator asked.
"Yes?" I put my flip flops on and collected my bags, still waiting for another tray.

"This is your jacket?" She asked and I nodded as she took it out of the screening.

"This your key?" She asked, pulling it out. My heart sank. The key I was supposed to give to Tom...

"Yes." I said, despite the lump in my throat. She nodded, "Okay thank you." She smiled.

I took the jacket and put it back on and then I walked away with my bags in towe, ready to forget Will and Tom...

Tom's POV
What am I doing? I'm just letting her go? I love her! I love her...fuuuuck. Okay I'm going to be spending way more money than intended today.

I ran through the airport and got my ticket to LA. I ran to security and there was a huge line.

"Oh my god! You're Spiderman!" A little boy announced.

"Hey, how're you doing?" I asked as nicely as possible but in my head was a ticking time bomb.

"Could I get a picture?" He asked.

"Of course." I said and I posed for a picture. Then a swarm of boys and girls circled around me, asking for pictures and autographs. I signed as many as I could and I posed weakly with some but I had to get going if I was going to catch her.

"Everyone get back in line!" Someone shouted. The swarm of people died down around me and a worker looked at me with a smile on his face.

"What are you doing here Spiderman?" He asked. He was American and I was so thankful that someone could really understand me cause I didn't know any French.

"I'm chasing a girl. You gotta get me to the front of this line, man." I pleaded.
He looked around and sighed, "Come on."
I followed him and we weaved through the crowds of people. I quickly took my shoes and any thing else off that needed to be. I walked through the metal detector and grabbed my stuff.

"Go and catch the girl man!" The worker said. "Thanks mate." I said and then ran as I put my belt on into the huge three story airport.

"Okay if I was Ella where would I be?" I asked myself quietly, looking around for a sign.

"Flight 408 going to Los Angeles, California is now boarding." I heard.

"Shit." I said to myself and saw the clock. It was 7:15. I ran around, attempting to find the gate that she was going to.
"Gate 6, gate 6...gate 6!" I finally saw it and ran to it.

"ELLA! ELLA! ISABELLA ROSE!" I shouted and tried to find her.
"Tom?" Ella came out of the line looking at me like I was mad. I grabbed her out of the line and took her to the side.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked in a more angry tone than happy.

"Give me your phone." I said. She was mad but she got her phone out of her clutch. She put in the passcode and handed me it. I went onto Spotify and I played 'I'll Be Seeing You' by Jimmy Durante. I turned it all the way up then put it in my pocket.

"Tom what the hell are you doing? People are staring!" Ella said through gritted teeth. I took her hands and put one on my shoulder and I held the other.

"Tom stop I-"

"One last dance before you go." I said and she gave in.

"I'll be seeing you. In all the old familiar places. That this heart of mine embraces, all day through." I sang in her ear.

"Tom..." Her voice cracked and I realised that she was crying as she placed her head on my shoulder.

"In that small café; The park across the way; The children's carousel; The chestnut tree's, the wishing well." I sang to her despite the huge lump in my throat.
"I'll be seeing you. In every lovely summer's day. In everything that's light and gay, I'll always think of you that way." I sang. I stood back from her.

"I love you Ella." I said.
"What?" Her eyes widened.
"I know it's crazy because we've only known each other for 12 hours but I do. I love you." I said intently.

"Tom I have to go to New York." She said.
I nodded, "I know. I know you do. But that doesn't change my feelings for you." I said.
She shook her head and her eyes filled with tears. I wiped a tear from her face and put my arms around her, embracing her tightly. She put her arms around my neck and we still swayed to the music.

"You have your whole life waiting for you, Ella. I want you to be happy because I really do fucking love you." I felt tears fall down my face. She parted from the hug and cupped my face.

"I love you too." She cried.
I pulled her in by her waist and kissed her, dipping her slightly.

"I have to go Tom..." She whispered and our foreheads touched. "Okay...okay." I nodded.

Isabella's POV
"This is the last boarding call for flight 408 going to Los Angeles, California." Tom was crying and so was I. I cupped his face and wiped away his tears. I picked up my bags and Tom kissed me one last time. Our lips shaking slightly from our sobs and our eyes red and our cheeks stained. I parted from the kiss.

"Here's your jacket." I remembered and took it off and handed it to him.
He took it and said, "Wait." He tucked his hand into the front pocket and handed me the polaroid picture.
"Thank you." I smiled and took it and I picked up my phone. Our fingers intertwined.

"I love you." He whispered and he bit his lip, preventing another sob.

"I love you too." I said as I started to walk to the gate, our hands still holding on until...we let go. I tearfully gave the flight attendant my passport and boarding pass and she checked it and gave them back to me. I began walking into the tunnel and before I did I looked back.

"Bye..." I mouthed.
"Bye..." He mouthed back. I took a deep breath and then walked down the tunnel, the door shutting behind me.

Tom's POV
I stood there, watching the flight attendant close the door and put in the pin, knowing that I would never see Ella ever again. I took a few deep breaths and began to walk back. I put my jacket back on and it smelled like her. Her faint perfume and her natural scent.
Then something poked my rib and I tucked my hand into the pocket and pulled out whatever was jabbing me. I stopped. I looked down at the thing in my hand in shock.

"The key..." I said out loud in astonishment. I chuckled a bit, realising that we had both done the same thing and I couldn't wipe the huge grin off of my face.

"The best night of my life."

Isabella's POV
I got comfortable in my seat and I looked into my clutch to get my phone. But inside there was a small piece of paper folded up. I took it out and opened it up. I had to put a hand over my mouth to stop a sob from coming. It was the map to the Love Lock wall. And the thing folded inside of the map was...

"The key." I whispered to myself. He kept his key too. I laughed to myself. Then in the corner of the map there were the words 'Turn Over' in Tom's handwriting. I turned the map over and read the message.

I grinned widely at it, shook my head and chuckled.

"How was your Paris experience?" The woman next to me asked. I folded up the map with the message and the key inside of it and turned to her.

"The best night of my life."