Chapter seven: The Fradow forest part 1: the road towards it.

Heuningkai: Fear Rises And Dead Offers Weakness. Fradow. This is a line from my magic book. I got this book from my uncle, and he got the book from his Aunt. He said that if you can do magic, you have to Carry this book with you. Always. And he gave it to me, so I guess I can do magic? 

I don't even know it anymore. Living with secrets, superpowers, being part merman, part supernatural human, my powers in general, and of course me being "the prince of the ocean". 

Don't get me wrong, it's really cool and all but sometimes I just want a normal live you know? And I actually have one now. I'm trying to only use my powers when it's necessary and at home, for power training.

On my school, nobody knows about my abilities. Sometimes it's hard to keep it a secret and sometimes I may mess with the time a bit. Or teleport somewhere when there is nobody around.

I never got exposed and I want to keep it like that, so I'll be careful with using my powers at school. Right, school. I just arrived and parked my bike in the bike rack. I then heard someone calling out my name. It was Beomgyu. 

Hey Ning Ning! I turned around and saw Beomgyu running up to me and he attacked me with a bear hug. Yeah I missed you too. Who said anything about missing? He said with a smirk. 

I rolled my eyes at him. Whatever, I said. Hey guys! We heard Taehyun greeting us from behind. Hey tae. Have you guys already heard about the excursion? He asked. 

Excursion? We asked tilting our heads on the side. Yeah an excursion, today we are going on a excursion in the forest. The only problem is that my bike is broken. How? We asked him. I don't know. I arrived at school, parked my bike, locked it, and when i came back, it was broken. 

That is odd, I said looking at him with a frown. Yeah it's weird. I thought that I could skip the excursion because of this, but I need to find myself a ride, he said with crossed arms. I can give you a ride, if you want to? Oh really? Thanks Beomgyu. No problem.

About the excursion, what forest are we going to? I asked with a nervous chuckle. The Fradow forest I think, they told us. Told us? When? Beomgyu and I asked him with surprised faces.

Yesterday afternoon? Didn't you get the schoolmail? The schoolmail? What schoolmai- I fell my phone vibrating in my pocket. It was my uncle. I picked up the phone and signed my friends to give me a moment, as I backed away far enough so they can't hear what i'm saying.

Hey uncle Joon, what's the matter? Did you already saw the mail your school send you? No, but I did heard about the excursion and I'm a little concerned like, do I need to g- I got cut of by my uncle saying something very important: Kai, listen to me, whatever you do, leave the forest at exactly t- Beeeeeeep. 

Argh, I screeched dropping my phone on to the ground. I rubbed my ears and bend down to pick it back up. Stupid connection, how late do I have to leave the forest now? At ten? In the morning? Or does he mean at night? Maybe ten minutes? Or did he say tonight? Or maybe he was using "the" as in: the time. I don't know, shoot.(shoot is supposed to be a curse word XD)

But why did it beep? What was wrong with the connection. I looked at the ground to look if there laid anything suspicious. I saw a few black drops laying on the ground. Oil? It lays next to a bike rack so it does make sense. It's probably oil. But still, it looked a bit different.

I was intensely staring at the drops, till someone shook me awake from behind. Hey Kai, are you okay? It was Yeonjun. 

What? Oh hey Yeonjun hyung, yeah I'm fine. Just uhm. Observing oil drops? He asked. Yeah? Oh- um okay. But we need to go, the excursion is going to begin in ten minutes. Oh right, okay I'm coming just need to look at these drops one more time. Okay sure, do what you have to do, he said with a chuckle and went to where the others were standing.