Chapter 16: ISSUE

Chapter 16

~~~~

Two weeks had passed silently for Jisoo, or she thought. It's been a week since she started working in her family's company as the chief of marketing. Her boyfriend Taehyung recently got appointed as COO of the Kim's Company. With their current works, the two were so busy but they always make some time to catch up and have a date. Unlike, the past few weeks, they rarely see cameras following them behind. There were still few but manageable.

—-

Jisoo's POV

I was sitting comfortably on my chair as I finished my work. I looked at my watch, "30 minutes" i muttered. Even though my dad told me I can go home once I finished my works for the day, I did not want to. I want to go home at the same time as my team.

I was just reading some documents for tomorrow when Nayeon, the team leader, knocked on my office then went in.

I looked at her happily and asked, "hey, why?"

She looked calm, good thing because she was so nervous in my first few days. "Chief, we are planning to have a dinner with everyone since it's Irene's last day before she transfers to the Finance department and for the successful project we finished. I hope you can come with us." She said fidgeting her fingers.

"Sure, I will go. What restaurant is it?" I accepted with a grateful smile, and she looked happy as well.

"Chief, it's in tge samgyeopsal place in the 3rd block." She answered. I nodded at her saying "Okay. I'll be there." and she went out skipping excitedly. I chuckled and typed on my phone.

To: Mom 💕
Mom, I'll be having dinner with my team. I'll pass for dinner tonight.

After few minutes, i immediately got a reply that I expected, "Okay honey. Pay for their foods too. We are grateful to have them."

I smiled and did not bother to reply as I readied myself... no my things.

I looked outside the office and saw my team already leaving. I also went out of my office and saw few employees left behind.

Once they saw me, they all bowed and greeted me. "Hello, Chief!"

Seulgi, who manages ideas and concepts of marketing, smiled at me and asked, "Chief, you're going with us right?" I smiled at her and nodded as a response, everyone became excited and cheered.

I rode the elevator with them, and they were just talking casually with each other. While they talk to me comfortably but still in polite manner.

They went and grabbed some taxis going to the restaurant. Once I saw their rides went off. I went to my car and drove off following them behind.

—-
Restaurant

They were already sitting around the table, leaving a space for me in the middle. They all greeted me as I went to my seat.

"Chief, thank you for coming." Irene said, who was sitting beside me

I tapped her shoulder as I smiled at her and said, "No worries, this will serve as a thank you for working hard in our team."

She looked at me teary eyed, seeing her grateful smile to me touched my heart

"Don't cry and just enjoy tonight." I told her and she nodded enthusiastically.

We were waiting for the meats to cook when I called Nayeon. She looked at me surprised and shocked. I chuckled at her cute reaction as she stood up and went to my side.