The Bubbly Girlfriend (Bubbles)

Bubbles x Reader

Art by mazmon7734

THE CITY OF TOWNSVILLE, THE CITY OF LOVE. AND THE TOWNSVILLE MALL, WHERE ALL THE YOUNG LOVES LOVE TO HANGOUT. BUT NOT EVERYONE HAS FOUND LOVE. BUT TODAY MIGHT BE THERE LUCK DAY.

I sat alone eating my burger and fries. Sighing, I took a bite of my fries as I began to look around me. First I saw walking down the mall there were two children, a boy and a girl, sharing a large swirl lollipop. Then I saw a couple my age buying some tickets to a romantic movie. At another corner I saw two middle aged husband and wife looking after their kids. And finally I saw an old couple walking holding hands leaning into each lovingly.

I sighed again even stronger as my only constant companion was loneliness. Oh, I have tried to get myself a date but being too much a loser I have failed every single time. I'll just have to be content with being alone forever.

"Hello!" Said a bubbly angelic voice right next to me.

I was so startled that I fell off my seat. But before my enviable crash to the ground someone catched me. Looking up I saw two giant light blue eyes staring down at me.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" Said the bug eye girl.

"I-it's all right." I stuttered as I stared into her eyes.

She giggled before lifting me off the ground before pulling me back down on my feet.

"I'm Bubbles!" She said, extending her "hand" out.

"I'm Y/N." I shyly said. Then I suddenly realized who she was. "Hold up, you're a Powerpuff Girl!"

 "Hold up, you're a Powerpuff Girl!"

"Oh you have heard of me." She said joyfully.

"Of course, you're a famous superhero!" I said excitedly. Suddenly my shyness returned as the thought of a superhero talking to me. "W-what brings you h-here?" I started stuttering again.

"Oh, um, I came over, um," she said nervously, her joyous attitude vanished as she put both arms behind her back and began to twist her foot on her toes. She then looked behind her seeing her two sisters coaxing her to continue. "Um, do you want to go to um, the movies this weekend?" She asked shyly.

My brain froze as I could barely comprehend what she just said. A superhero, the hero of Townsville, asked me, a nobody, to a date. This has to be some kind of joke, a cruel prank.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Do you want to go to the movies this weekend?" She repeated now with more confidence.

"Um, why?" I still couldn't believe what she was saying.

"I think you're cute!" She answered as she regained her bubbliness.

I hesitated for a bit as I questioned if this was all a joke. I have been dumped on and been pranked on so many times by other girls, but then I remembered that the Powerpuff girls, especially Bubbles, weren't not kind of people who would be so cruel as to hurt another person emotionally. Ok maybe Buttercup but not Bubbles.