Chapter 1

There will be a picture of Tiggy in human form to the side of the story.

Tiggy's Point of View.

I ran through my hometown as I was chased away by the people I thought loved me the most. I was only five when it happened, so you could imagine how scared and confused I was. I tripped over a rock and fell. People stared throwing rocks at me. I covered my head, getting back up and running into the woods. Tears streamed down my cheeks as I ran, blurring my vision, I tripped over a tree root and lay there crying. They weren't chasing me anymore, so I didn't have to get back up.

"Mommy....Daddy.... why?" I thought as I cried.

It felt like I cried for hours when I finally fell asleep. I curled up close to the tree, sniffling and shivering from the Autumn air. I felt hated.

Haze's Point of View.

I was running patrol when I heard soft sobs and whimpers, my Alpha wouldn't be pleased if I stopped my run, but the sobs sounded like they belonged to a small child, slowly I followed the sounds, coming to the base of a tree. I saw a small child, curled up, sleeping.

Why was this girl out here? She looks so young. I sat down, my grey wolf thinking about what to do. Should I take her? That would be the right thing to do. I don't want her to freeze, even though it is only Autumn. I sighed. I gently bit her shirt and put her on my back, making sure she wouldn't fall off, I slowly made my way back to the pack house.

I heard the girl whimper in her sleep. I wanted to know why she was out here, I wanted to know why she was covered in bruises and cuts, but I focused on getting back home. I wanted to convince my Alpha to let me keep her and raise her. I knew she wasn't human. Her scent was more feline. This confused me more.

I shook my head and  saw my pack house. My Alpha stood outside. He was talking to one of his fighters. He saw me and his voice popped into my head.

"Where have you been Haze?" He asked.

"Sorry Hunter. I found a girl and I couldn't leave her alone. I brought her back to the pack house." I told him.

To my surprise, Hunter looked confused. He walked toward me and looked at the sleeping child on my back. 

"Go to my office so we can talk about this."  he said.

I nodded and made my way inside, people stepping aside as I walked to his office, I pushed the door open with my nose and walked in, closing it with my hind leg. I slowly took the child off my back and set her on the floor. Her skin was cold. I shifted back into a human, pulling on some boxers and jeans. I picked the young child up and held her to my chest as I sat on one of the couchs. 

Her skin was pale, the bruises stood out, her hair was brown and matted with blood, twigs, and dirt. Her dress was torn. I looked at her sadly. She looked like she had been abused for her short life and all I could think was why?

I shook the thoughts from my head as Hunter walked in.

"Where did you find her at?" he asked.

"She was in the woods." I told him.

"Take her back." he told me.

"W-What? Are you insane? She's been abused. How do you not see the bruises? If her family loved her they would've went looking for her." I said.

Hunter sighed.

"Please Hunter. Let me take care of her. We could use a female in the pack." I told him.

"How do you know she isn't human?" he asked.

"Her scent is feline." I told him.

"Feline?" he asked.

I nodded. He sighed. 

"Alright. She can stay, but the pack rules apply to her as well. She must shift on her sixteenth birthday." Hunter said.

I nodded. "I understand."

"You can go. Give her a bath, then tend her wounds." he told me.

I stood. "Yes Alpha."

I started to leave.

"Haze." he said.

I turned.

"You're a good Beta." he smiled a little.

I smiled back and walked out of the office, closing the door. I looked down at the young girl. I wondered what her name was. I made my way to my room and walked in. My twin brother looked up, confusion filling his eyes.

"I'll explain later. I have to give her a bath. Can you go to the store and get her some clothes?" I asked.

"Sure Haze. Boy clothes or girl clothes?" he asked.

"Tanner, it doesn't matter." I told him.

He nodded and left. I walked into the bathroom and started the water. When the tub was full, I turned the water off and took the dress off the young girl, setting her gently in the water. Her eyes opened slightly and she looked up at me, she had hazel blue eyes, filled with fear.

"D-Don't hurt me." she stuttered.

"What? I won't hurt you." I told her.

She looked at me. "R-Really?"

I nodded.

"Pr-Promise?" she asked.

"I swear." I told her. "What's your name?"

"E-Everybody calls me T-Tiggy." she told me.

"Tiggy? I like that. My name is Haze." I told her.

She smiled a little. "H-Hi H-Haze."

"Hi Tiggy."

She talked with me while I washed her hair, taking the twigs out and washing all the dirt and blood out. I let her play for a little bit while I went to get her a towel. My brother had come back with a bunch of bags. I chuckled.

"Did you buy the whole store?" I asked.

"Haha. No. I got everything for her until she is about.... eight or so. Both girl clothes and boy clothes." he told me.

"You're going to spoil her aren't you?"

Tanner chuckled, but we both knew it was the truth.

"Haze?" I heard her call from the bathroom.

"Coming Tiggy." I turned and walked into the bathroom and picked her up, wrapping her in the towel.

I drained the water and picked her up. I walked into the bedroom and sat her on my bed. She looked at Tanner.

"Who's that?" she asked.

"That's my brother Tanner. He bought you lots of stuff." I told her.

Her eyes brightened and she smiled.

"Thank you Tanner!" she exclaimed happily.

Both Tanner and I smiled. I picked out some pajamas for her and helped her get dressed. I fed her and let her watch television until she was asleep. I put her in my bed and lay on the floor with a yawn. Tanner was already I asleep. I smiled to myself, closing my eyes and falling into a deep sleep.