Chapter 3

I am updating this with a sleeping baby on my chest, sorry if it's short. I will be putting a picture of Hunter off to the side.

Tiggy's Point of View.

I woke up in the middle of the night, I was scared. I got off the bed and went over to Haze. I shook his lightly, hoping he would wake up. He didn't wake up. I shook him again. He woke up and looked at me.

"What's wrong Tiggy?" he asked, his voice filled with sleep.

"I can't sleep." I whimperd.

He rolled onto his side. I curled up next to him and was asleep in minutes. He kept me close to him. My Ocelot, my werecat, was purring happily, even though I couldn't figure out why, I knew she liked Haze, she told me he was a wolf. She knew he would keep me safe, but she kept saying, 'Not your mate.' I didn't know what that meant, she told me I would learn when I was older and told me to go to sleep. I slept peacefully.

I woke up the next morning to the smell of bacon. It made my mouth water. I wiggled out of Haze's grasp and made my way downstairs. I followed the smell to the kitchen and saw a boy who was older than me. He was wearing a black shirt and jeans. He had brown hair. He must've heard me because he turned around. He smiled at me and knelt down so he was eye level with me.

"Hi there cutey." he smiled, his brown eyes were soft.

I smiled. "Hi."

"I'm Hunter. I met you last night, but you were asleep. What's your name?" he asked.

"I'm Tiggy." I told him.

"That's an interesting name. Are you hungry Tiggy?" he asked and stood up.

I nodded.

"Okay, hold on let me finish cooking at I'll give you some." he told me.

"Okay Hunter." I said.

He looked down at me, I was sitting on the floor watching him. 

"So you're a werecat. What kind of cat?" he asked.

"An Ocelot." I told him.

"Oh I see. Have you shifted yet?" he asked me.

I nodded. "When I was four I shifted cause I was scared. Since then my mommy and daddy beat me and told me I was unwanted. They yesterday the whole town chased me away and threw rocks and stuff at me. Then I fell over a tree root and fell. Then I don't remember anything til I woke up in the tub." I told him.

His eyes widened. "What a terrible family. Well since you live with us, you are a cat amog dogs. we won't let anybody hurt you." he told me, picking me up and setting me on the counter with a plate of food.

I smiled. "Thank you."

I started to eat and so did he. After we were finished eating, he cleaned up and I watched, when he was done cleaning he set me down on the floor.

"You should go back to Haze's room." he told me.

I nodded and went back upstairs, Haze was awake, as was Tanner. I walked into the room and they both looked at me.

"There you are!" Haze said and picked me up. 

"Where were you?" Tanner asked.

"Eating with Hunter." I told them, they sighed in releif.

I smiled, Haze chuckled and he took me downstairs with Tanner following.

They sat at the table and set me on the floor. They ate and I played with some string. After the were eating, they were talking to Hunter about me needing a babysitter.

"No I don't." I protested.

"Yes you do." Haze said.

"No. I'm a big girl." I pouted.

Haze sighed. "Okay. Okay."

Hunter chuckled. "She can shift."

"Then she can practice with us." Tanner said.

"Only if people are gentle." Haze said.

"Don't worry Haze. They will be." Hunter promised.