terms

Rebirth isn't something one understands right away. This is coming from someone with personal experience, so I can honestly say that each life comes as a surprise.

Although my memory of each life is never forgotten I do try to ignore most of the years. Some for the obvious reasons (you'd think dying would be old news by now but each time hurts worse) but most because the magnitude of my past would drive me crazy.

It has before.

That's why I have learned to repress it. Others that I have told of my secret attempt to change that fact, saying that I need to deal with my issues. They mean well but couldn't possibly understand.

And it's not as though I am completely emotionally stunted. It's simply that I have grown apathetic towards most aspects of my existence. Something that's easy to do when there's absolutely no consistency.

I always end up as someone completely different. Race, gender, ethnicity, and even species play no part in the circle of life. Even faces I recognize as celebrities from another realm/dimension are fair game in the one I currently occupy. Sometimes I am even dropped into a new life as an adult or teenager, having to adjust without prior personal experience with that atmosphere.

In the beginning I enjoyed the first few rebirths as a reward or second chance, living to the fullest and completing outlandish bucket lists that I was too terrified to contemplate in my First Life. Abstractly I knew it wouldn't last but that was not a priority. Until it was. Until living in the future and past became living in fiction.

Things blossom in their time. They bud and bloom, blossom and fade. Everything in its time.