weakness/dubaity

Aged five and counting. So far this cycle has been pretty easy. Not to mention how easly impressed everyone by my superior intelligence.

I haven't made any connections to people I recognize from the 100 Universe. Neither the show nor the books seem to be especially relevant at this point. The most I am able to do is prepare myself for the inevitable.

Physical training has been rather simple. Rationing protein is shit for necessary weight gain and limited oxygen doesn't improve my stamina. My body is still developing and muscle memory can only do so much. Especially when it's all memory with minimal muscle. So I focused on the educational aspects.

Educational resources are shared communally like everything else so me breezing through the lesson plans was a public spectacle.

My intelligence granted me some notoriety on the Ark. This was both a blessing and a curse. Adults were more willing to let a prodigy into restricted areas, mainly because I argued for the case with my obvious wit and rationality. Then it was because I didn't betray their trust. That they know of at least.

It's never anything too risky. I don't actually want to get floated. Mostly it's just stealing extra rations or stockpiling medical supplies. Other times I like to lurk around abandoned rooms.

Of course it was somewhat hard to sneak around with concerned parents, but my abnormal maturity helped convince them to allow me more freedom. This backfired as they were now suspicious of their daughter. I was left home alone quite often under the pretense of reading books or generally entertaining myself. It was during those times that I explored the Ark.

I had to be stealthy (no one wants to see a five-year old wandering around, especially with how precious they were considered under the one child law) and quick so I didn't get very far in the first few months of my adventures.

Luckily childish charm transcends most ages and cultures. Paired with experience in espionage makes a ghost kid.

I eventually found a dusty room where the Japanese and Australian ships merged so long ago. It was nice to have a place solely mine. Where I could relax and finally plan.

Fuck. This is real.

Part of being a mature thousand-something year old soul and mind in the body of a child is knowing your limits. And knowing when to kick and scream about how this bullshit keeps happening. A few panic attacks and bruised knuckles from punching metal later it was time to think.

Life support on the Ark is failing. Experiments  are being conducted on  prisoners to test radiation exposure. Underaged prisoners will be sent on a dropship to Earth. They will not be the only ones there. Grounders, or some other less xenophobic name, would have already survived. The Mountain Men draining blood and drilling for bone marrow. War. The red dress bitch (Ally? Allie?) with the freaky A.I. abilities. And another fucking apocalypse. Plus some new planets and moons with body-swapping and bunker cannibalism?

Just float me now.

To center myself I had to zero in on the things I could do in the moment. That had to do with the people. Some I could save, but I had no way of preparing for a future with them in it. The only thing to do without my conscience butting in was to warn them. Then fate would take its course or they would forge their own path.

Jake Griffin.

Wells Jaha.

Charlotte.

These are some of the innocents that I remember. Very few truly deserve death and even fewer to go out the way they did. But how can I... I have to.