impact

At the camp, Diell-Njomje followed the steps given to him by his sister. He found the tree marked with 'Z' carved in the trunk. It was thick, sturdy and tall. He started clearing the grass around it when he heard footsteps behind him.

Turning around he saw Bellamy. He clears his throat then speaks.

"Hey kid, your sister told me to keep an eye on you. So, stay by me."

"Well my sister told me to do some things. So, fuck off."

Bellamy blinks before sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Jesus, there are two of them," he mutters. "And what would Sihana say if she heard that kind of language?"

He looks smugly at the younger boy, expecting a chastised apology.

"She'd say to enunciate my constants and mock my lack of creativity."

Bellamy seems to get annoyed, mostly to cover his interest. He continues with a puffed out chest.

"Oh really? Well that doesn't really matter because I'm in charge."

Diell takes in his appearance fully, finally stopping his task of flattening the nearby ground. He had heard of Bellamy from his sister throughout the years. But this man doesn't seem like the boy from those stories. This... guard is wound tightly and obviously stressed, acting out with arrogance. So Diell pushes.

"You're in charge, with what magic conch?"

Bellamy snorts then quickly puts back up his mask.

"You got that reference then?" Diell leans back against the tree, "So Sihana was right about you."

With that Bellamy drops any pretense of stoicism. His weight shifts from foot to foot.

"She-" he clears his throat, "what, um, did she say about me?"

Diell does a double-take, noting this guy's sudden change in attitude. Suspicious, Diell wonders why.

Could be guilt for getting me locked up. Maybe he wants to know if her opinion of him has changed.

With that decided, Diell stands up straight before glancing at his surroundings.

"That you're a giant nerd."

He leaves Bellamy spluttering protests behind as he works on Sihana's task list.

Why does his sister need so many sticks anyway?

︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎☆▪︎

With news that a river is nearby we start dragging our catch to clean it off. Of course Octavia immediately starts to take off her clothes. Before she can step into the water I grab her arm.

"And just what do you think you're doing?"

"Jeez, are older siblings like programmed with protective instincts or something? Because it's super annoying. I'm just going for a dip. And before you tell me otherwise, I can make my own decisions." She yanks herself away and dives in. I shed my outer shirt, knowing where this is going.

"I distinctly remember the last time a Blake ignored my warnings not going so well!" I shouted at her. A little petty? Yeah, maybe. But I'm sick of people disregarding my advice only to regret it later.

She just glares and continues to paddle around. Our commotion has drawn the group's attention. While they argue I let go of my pack and keep an eye out for that sea monster. Not much of it was shown in the Episode so all I have to go on is some suspicious movement. I try to see it while removing my shoes then gripping my knife.