Throwback

Emily's POV
"No way, you saw Elijah? Like fit, dreamy Elijah? How is he? What did he say to you? Is he still fit?....." Ciara droned on. Ciara, my best friend, had come round wanting food but stayed because of my currently depressed state. She was the only one who knew about my embarrassing crush and I want to keep it that way.
"Yes, unfortunately" I replied glumly. Looking down, trying to avoid all eye contact.
"Hey, what's wrong, I thought you'd be happy! You can finally make your move. What did he say to you anyways?"
"Nothing" I mumbled, still looking down.
"What do you mean 'nothing' he must have said something. Did he not see you then?"
I didn't reply in embarrassment, as a small tear rolled down my cheek.
"Woah, what's wrong, was he with someone else, did he ignore you, did he-
"He didn't even REMEMBER me. I can't believe I even thought anything could ever happen between me and him. I wish I'd never bumped into him, because at least before, I'd thought he actually acknowledged me." I ranted in frustration.
"You know what, you are wayyyy better than him. You're pretty, smart, kind, you shouldn't need reassurance from a guy to know all of that!" I looked up at Ciara, ugh, she was only trying to be nice. She looks at me reassuringly.
"I know, I know. It's just, every time in school, when he looked at me, talked to me, or even after the break up, a small part of me thought that he could have felt the same way. I just can't believe, after everything I thought we had been through, talked about, I was more to him than one of his million girls he took out. And I never ever thought that I'd be so boring, that I'd be forgotten."
"Look, he obviously lives near, so show him you don't need him, and pretend you don't remember him either"
"The only thing is, I don't think my feelings ever went away"

Elijahs POV
I slumped on my sofa, beer in one hand and ice cream in the other, watching reruns of friends. But for some reason all I could think about was that girl i saw at the supermarket, and why she was so dismissive of me and why she looked so familiar. Questions and thoughts whirled round my brain. But those thoughts left when I found myself scrolling though Instagram, flicking though all the stories. I quickly went through the useless rubbish of everyone's picture perfect lives until I came across happy birthday post from an old friend Kayla. Oh, it was one of my friend Charlie's birthday, how could I forget? Him and me, were not the closest, but we ended up taking pretty much all the same subjects, so almost all our classes were together. Before I texted him I glanced down at kaylas throwback posts of him and Charlie. Wow all these photos were so long ago, and we all look so young! Kayla and him at prom, weird mug shots he had probably spammed, their selfie in Physics even though they were meant to be doing a test, and the last one, wow, the year 12 survivors after we had all gotten our a level results. Wow things had changed, I scanned through the photo wandering how we had all looked so young! And wow how many of those girls I had hooked up with. Yeah I had it coming, and I'm pretty sure these bad relationships and dates are just the beginning of the karma that is coming back to to bite me. I continued to look through all the familiar faces. Kayla, Anna, Freddie- woah puberty hit him like a truck! Sam, Kylie-who is now like a foot taller, Charlie, Me, Ciara, Emily, Josh- WAIT. EMILY!

How are you enjoying it so far, leave a comment and let me know what you think, I'd love to know. If you're wandering, the tickling comes in a few chapters so stay tuned!