Saving him

Emily's POV
Elijah and I stomped away, although I was grateful, I still couldn't help but be angry.
"So what happened there then? Why were you going out with him in the first place?
I left him in silence and looked away, mainly because of embarrassment from the fact he didn't even remember me and the fact that I resorted to going out with some sexual idiot.
Soo, Emily" he exaggerated, pathetically trying to say sorry that he forgot about me. "How have you been?" I stayed quiet for a few seconds before grilling him.
"So when did it finally click then" I said completely ignoring his question.
"Huh"
"No, I mean, when did you finally remember I was just one of your make out dates?"
"Well I-
"Never mind, this is my stop" I said as we walked up to my apartment. Leaving him outside the lobby not bothering to hear him out.

———————————————————————————

"I'm soooooo sorry" Ciara said, having heard about the date, I swear he's so quiet at work!
"No, seriously, it's fine you didn't know" I said into my pillow. "I'm gonna take a walk, wanna come?"
Ciara, sensing I needed to be alone, politely declined.

———————————————————————————

Elijah's POV
Ugh, I can't believe I'm so stupid. How did I not see that was Emily, and why was I such an asshole in 6th form? What deluded guy wouldn't call someone like her back? My thoughts were interrupted when a large shadow towered over me, correction, 3 large shadows.
"Well well, if it isn't Ellie Walker" I groaned at the stupid nickname, did I mention, that my "friends" dropped me after I left school? They ignored my texts and I found out the were only friends because it made them look more popular. I mean, I thought this sort of problem only happened to girls but boy was I wrong! I stood up and looked them all in the eyes.
"What" I replied coldly.
"Hey, don't be rude, that's no way to treat friends, we just wanted to know how you're doing"
"I'm doing fine thanks for asking, having the best time at university, away from all the toxic people I used to know" I smiled sarcastically.
"No girlfriend I bet, no surprise there" All his stupid friends smirked, how was I even friends with them?
"Actually, he does, hi I'm Emily" a voice behind me said.

——————————-————————————————
Emily's POV
I thought I'd take a walk to costa, I figured a strawberry cooler would make this whole problem go away. I walked in and— for god sake why was Elijah in here?? And who are those guys over him? Hang on I recognise them, wait aren't they meant to be his friends? I slowly went over to them, making sure they didn't see that I was eavesdropping. As I overheard, I could hear them grilling him about why he wasn't in a relationship. I have an idea, although should I, I mean, I do owe him from last night.

———————————————————————————

Elijahs POV
I turned around and saw Emily, she winked at me signalling me to play along.
"Yeah guys, this is Emily, my girlfriend"
"Hi nice to meet you" Emily said politely, planting a smile on her face. Gosh even with a fake smile she looks stunning. But what was better that Emily's smile? The guys' faces.
"You're. His. Girlfriend?" One of them said in shock.
"Yeah, we've been together for about 3 months now, right babe"
"Uhh, y-yeah, 3 months"
That must have been enough embarrassment because within about 2 seconds they were out of there, mortification written all over them.
I turned to Emily,
"Look, again, I'm so sorry about before. Why'd you do that though, you didn't have to"
"It's fine, and anyway, I owe you one from last night"
I stared into her brown doe eyes, and felt electric feels throughout me.
"Anyways, I'll see you round" she said starting to walk away. Nooo, she can't be walking away.
"Wait, I know this might be weird, but do you maybe wanna go out with me sometime?" I waited anxiously for her answer expecting a rejection.
"Yeah sure, is love to" she smiled at me as she typed her number into my phone.
"I'll call you"
"See you round"
Gosh, alright Elijah, don't screw this up.