2

Ro'Dollaaaa 👽

"Roman, the gas is on the right and the brake is on the left.", Jason tells me, trying to grab the steering wheel.

Thumping his hand, I respond, "Nigga I got this.

I cruise the streets on my way to Chae's crib, vibing to the old Fetty Wap that boomed through the speakers.

"Y'all watch me bust this turn.", I announce, and hit the corner.

"Get it, twin!", Remy yells, hyping me up.

We've honestly gotten closer over the past few weeks. Not saying that we're friends or anything, but we get along better now.

"Make sure you come to a complete stop at the stop sign.", Jason says and I nod. "Bet."

Taking my foot off of the gas, I press the brake.

Or so I thought I did.

I actually put my foot back onto the gas pedal and speed through the stop sign.

"Oh shit.", I say, laughing loudly.

Buckling her seatbelt, Chae mumbles, "I refuse to die this close to my birthday."

"Roman, what the hell?", Jason says, turning around and looking at the stop sign I ran.

I tell him, "It was a lil accident, nothing too major."

"Ain't finna be no damn accidents.", he retorts, tightening his seatbelt even more.

Looking over at him, I ask, "Hell you looking so scared for?"

"Because you can't dri- LOOK AT THE ROAD!"

I quickly snap my head back towards the road and jerk the wheel, preventing us from going into a ditch.

"Oh hell nah, pull over right here.", Jason says and I smack my lips.

"Fine.", I say and pull over by the curb.

Jason and I switch seats and he silently drives the rest of the way to Chae's crib.

"Man, I was doing good. I don't care.", I say, breaking the silence.

Chae scoffs. "Bitch, we were almost in a ditch."

"Bars.", Remy adds and Chae daps her up.

Dancing in her seat, she says, "Chae with the AK on the beat."

"Ain't that right, bae?", she asks Jason, poking his neck. "Yeah, something like that."

"Then we got my sis GorillaGrip Remy on the 1's and 2's.", she adds.

We finally pull into Chae's driveway and we get out.

My parents and Dante were already here so we go on inside.

Chae unlocks the door and we follow her in, not forgetting to leave our shoes by the front door.

FavoChae💯

"So what y'all call a meeting for?", my mama asks, crunching on a bag of chips.

All of the adults were sitting in the couches, so the kids were spread out across the floor in our white shirts and khakis.

Throwing my legs across Jason's lap, I answer, "I had got a little idea for spring break."

They all stare at me, waiting on me to continue.

"Okay, so boom..", I begin, "Y'all know how spring break is in the week after next, and my birthday is that Saturday."

"I say we all take a road trip.", I finish, smiling widely.

My Uncle Landon is the first to respond. "Let's go. When we leave?"

"Shit, I'm down too. Let's go.", Dante adds, and my mama agrees. "Hell yeah, where you tryna go?"

I say, "I wanna go to Destin, it ain't but a 10 hour drive."

"Aye, I'on know about this.", my dad tells us and we all huff.

"Why?", I whine, pouting.

He looks at me with wide eyes.

"Nigga, do you not know who we are?", he questions. "These dumbasses will have us in jail somewhere in the backwoods of Alabama."

"Well, at least it won't be boring.", I respond with a shrug.

"You right, but what about the whole corona virus thing? You sure we need to be out and about now?", he questions further.

I answer, "It hasn't even reached the U.S, dad. We're good."

Sighing, he shakes his head.

"I just wanna know how we would get there.", Dante says.

"The adults could pitch in to rent a van or something and take turns driving.", I tell him, only for my mama to mumble, "Shiiiiit."

"I'll drive.", Roman announces, making everyone go silent.

Shaking her head, my Aunt Emoni responds, "Go ahead and logout for me baby."

"On God, kid can't drive a car but he could damn sure drive me crazy.", Uncle Landon adds, and all of the adults laugh.

Nodding in agreement, my mama adds her little 2 cents. "Deadass though. Chae can't drive either. Babygirl be all in the wrong lane."

"On God we ain't finna go out like that fave. We can drive, buddy.", I tell Roman and he nods. "Exactly, now we finna really get on 'em."

"DJ REMY, CUT THE BEAT!", I yell and she makes the sound of a record scratching. "We watched Wild'n Out in school, so yeah. Conceited and Hitman in here."

"Talk yo' junk bro and bae!", Jason exclaims, boosting our heads even more.

"Big Ro' onna beat with the help of my favorite Chae. I'll put a laser on that ho', and that's word to my nigga Jay."

"OOOHHHHH, DING!", I yell, waving my hands in the air. "My turn, my turn."

"They say I can't drive and I find that kinda funny. We really just gon' ignore the fact that I got it from these dummies?"

Jason yells, "YEESSSIIIIIR! DING DING DING!"

"DJ Remy, who won that one?", Roman asks her and she gives us the "😬".

She eventually answers, "I'ma have to give that one to the white squad."

"Wait a minute..", my Uncle Landon mumbles. "Did y'all just really do a wildstyle battle?"

Smacking her lips, my Aunt Emoni tells him, "Just shut yo' dumb ass up, nigga. Damn."

"Anyways, so what's the decision on this trip? We doing it or not?", my uncle questions and everyone looks around at each other.

"Anybody opposed say 'I'.", my mama says and no one responds.

...except for my dad. "I."

"I got a bad feeling about that corona virus, man.", he tries to reason but we all wave him off.

My Uncle Landon tells him, "That shit ain't nothing but the flu with some bop in it. All we need to do is get some Robitussin and Ginger Ale and we good."

"Nah, like it's been killing people all over Chin-"

"Aht aht, we're in America. Ain't no corona this way, man. We're gonna be okay.", my mama says and, with a sigh, he finally gives in.

"Alright, gon' and make the arrangements. I'm in."

The gang's going on a road trip? 🌚