Memories

Mistakes ahead lol (sorry in advance QvQ)

"Ahahaha sick!"
"You dare play with us?! We might caught your illness! Yuck!"
"Eww! Weak!"

The kids shouted more insulting things as they keep kicking the poor boy on the ground. The boy who was badly beaten cried. Many bruises was in his face.

"Hey stop!" A little boy shouted, not too far away from them, "I'm going to call elders if you won't stop!" he threatened. The kids who keep beating up the poor boy ran away, afraid they might get punished.

"T-thank you...." the poor boy whispered but it was still heard. "No probs! I just wanted to help! What's your name by the way?"

"... M-my mama said that I am not allowed to tell my name to strangers...."

"Hmmm.... My name is Xiao Zhan," the boy who named Zhan introduced himself.

"... X-Xiao Zhan...?" the little boy mumbled.

"I told you my name, tell me yours so we won't be strangers anymore."

"Haikuan...."

"Hm, nice name," Zhan grinned, "How old are you Haikuan?"

Haikuan counted using his fingers before answering, "Five..."

"Oooh, you're three years younger than me, I'm eight," Zhan said, "you'll call me Zhan ge then."

Haikuan chuckled, he mumbled, "Zhan ge." With that, Zhan smiled, his bunny teeth showed up, "now we're no longer strangers! Let's be friends!" Little Haikuan nodded and also managed to smile.

Haikuan sat up, looking at the unconscious Zhan on the bed in Yibo's house. Their family doctor who he called few moments ago said that Zhan's fever reached to 40°C, the doctor prescribed medicine and gave it to Haikuan, he accepted it then the doctor finally left.

Haikuan sat down at the seat beside the bed, remembering the happenings earlier.

Just as both of them stepped closer to wobbly walking Zhan, Zhan suddenly fell unconscious. Haikuan was the first to catch the unconscious guy, he turned around and noticed Yibo having a sudden combat with He Peng who appeared out of nowhere.

Haikuan was about to help his younger brother but Yibo said, "Whoever you are, take that guy out of here...."

Haikuan nodded when he saw his men coming to help Yibo, he left with Zhan in his arms and went straight in Yibo's house.

Haikuan was brought back to reality when he noticed Zhan squirmed. He stood up. Afraid he might get caught, he decided to leave the house.

×××××

Zhan opened his eyes, he sat up and noticed he's now in the very familiar room. Oh, I'm back in the brat's house... Zhan's head suddenly ached. He massaged his temples and noticed someone's presence in the room.

It was Yibo, sitting on his wheelchair with head down and eyes closed. Zhan's guts wanted to smack the guy so badly because he's the reason why Zhan is in such situation but thinking that the guy is the one who saved Zhan out of the place despite having a leg injury, his angriness was washed out and was replaced with gratitude.

Thinking about leg injury, how did he even combat with He Peng's underlings? Zhan took a look at Yibo's leg which made him confuse. It's still covered with cement though.....