Chapter Fifteen~Guilt

Jessica's P.O.V

I walk into Crystal's room where they have her on an IV Niall on one side and Louis on the other.

"How are you feeling love?"

"Like shit I'm so tired but I can't fall asleep."

"Have they finished the tests?"

"Yeah we're just waiting for the results guys could Jessica and I have a moment alone?"

She asks and they look at her skeptically.

"Don't worry I'm here if something happens."

They nod before heading out and I sit next to her in a chair.

"What did you need to talk about?"

"I just wanted to see if you're enjoying yourself here still we haven't got to spend much girl time alone with Makayla and I just feel bad."

"I'm having a lot of fun trust me we still have two months of summer left to spend together. Don't worry about that right now you need to focus on feeling better."

"I just need to know I also wanted them to leave because I need a break their constant questions aren't helping my headache."

"Why didn't you just tell them that?"

"Because they're trying to make sure I'm okay and I don't want to seem like a bitch about it."

"Well you won't be don't worry."

I smile carefully hugging her and she hugs back before coughing and holding her head.

"What if it's something serious what if they can't do anything to help me?"

"I'm sure it's nothing like that."

"But what if it is?"

"Then we'll do everything we can to make sure they figure out a way to help you I promise everything is going to be fine."

"I have to tell you something if this is something terrible and I don't leave the hospital for some reason. In my room on the right side in the corner pull the carpet back a little. One of the floorboards move pull it out and there's a little box laying in the floor. It has a will made out the number to my lawyer and a journal along with some letters."

"Why on earth do you have all that?"

"Life is unpredictable you never know what could happen the journal is for Niall only he can read it. The will goes to my lawyer and all the envelopes are to you, Makayla, the boys, my parents, and siblings. Lastly underneath all that is a manilla envelope that is for Louis he has to read everything inside. No matter what it takes make sure he gets that if anything ever happens to me. There's a lot in there for him that could explain things he may not understand or realize right now. But I need you to promise me you will take care of all of that for me if anything happens."

"I promise but you aren't going to die."

"Probably not but when or if I do take care of those."

"I will."

I whisper wiping my eyes and she smiles through tears looking at me again.

"I'm so thankful to have you and Makayla you two are amazing truly I know I can trust you with anything."

I feel a wave of guilt wash over me the fact that I'm dating Louis and lying to her about not liking him is driving me nuts. I just hope when this whole thing is done with that she'll forgive me.

"We love you so much we'll always be here."

"Thank you now could you please have Louis come in?"

"Of course."

Hugging her I walk out whispering to Niall before I sit next to Makayla my head in my hands.

Crystal's P.O.V

"Jessica said you wanted to see me alone?"

"Yes please I need to talk with you please."

Louis sits next to me taking my hand in his pressing a light kiss to the back of my hand.

"I was talking to Jessica about something I've seen so many shows and read so many stories where people go to the doctors because they feel terrible then never leave again unless in a body bag."

"Don't talk like that you'll be fine."

"Let me finish Lou I'm probably just making a mountain out of a molehill but I need to tell you all of this incase it is serious will you listen?"

I ask looking over at him he sighs nodding his head scooting his seat closer to me.

"You have been the biggest supporter for me my whole life it's crazy to think we're four years apart when I feel like we're connected so much closer. I couldn't ask for a better big brother you've pushed me to do so many things and take risks when I was scared. Our family and friends mean the absolute world to me you will always hold a special place in my heart. If something happens I want you to take care of Niall for me, the lads, girls, the family just let them know I love them. I love you Louis and I just hope I've said that enough times throughout our lives for you to always remember that."

My eyes water as he leans over hugging me tears spilling past his eyes as he kisses the top of my head.

"I won't ever forget but don't you worry we're going to get you better I promise."