кαρ. 9

ᎪᏌᎡᎾᎡᎪ ᏢᎾᏙ

As we arrive at the gigantic building that actually could keep up with skyscrapers, our boss opens the door for us to enter.

I thank him and realize that I still don't know his name. But I can't ask Yunho anymore, since the blonde is walking right in front of us.

Just now I eye my new workplace closely. We're standing in a big hall with a chandelier hanging from the ceiling. In front of us there's an elevator, with stairs on both of its sides. Even the walls look like they're straight out of a luxurious hotel.

"I'm glad you like it" a voice in front of me states. I must've looked at the ceiling for too long. Embarrassing I tell myself and lower my head again, causing the latter to laugh again.

Yunho presses the button next to the elevator to call it down. The doors open pretty fast and all of us step inside.

My nameless boss walks up to the numbers next to the entrance and the button of the 10th floor light up in a red color.

"Ugh great, why is it so high up."

The heavy door closes and an uncomfortable silence surrounds us.

Thank god this luxurious elevator has some stereo equipment that plays classical music from somewhere. I actually have to prevent myself from swinging to the rhythm though.

"Do you not like elevators?" a voice asks from another corner of the small room "You look a little stiff". I quickly shake my head "No no, everything's fine", I notice the grin and the gaze of Yunho next to me.

But luckily we arrive and the silver doors in front of us open. We step outside and I'm greeted by a giant office with big windows and blinds, through which some rays of sunshine peek through.

I continue standing there for a little while, as if I had just seen an angel descending from the sky. "Uhmmmm Aurora, u coming?" Yunho pulls me out of my trance. "Yeah yeah", I respond without hesitating.

We walk through a long corridor, different kinds of offices lining up left and right. Curiously I throw a glance into them "Am I going to do stuff like that too?".

"Thank you Mr. Jeong, you can now go back to work" my boss smiles at him and my best friend bows slightly, before hugging me and wishing me good luck to then walk into a different direction.

While hugging I could swear I've heard a cough from the blonde, so I ask him if he had caught a cold as soon as Yunho had left.

He just answers it with a no and tries to change the subject "Now, why don't we start with you, follow me" he says and walks ahead until we reach the end of the corridor.

There is a semicircular desk on the side with a telephone on it, also a computer, just everything that belongs there. Nobody is sitting on the revolving chair though, so I ask him carefully "Uhhh, is that my working place?".

He turns around and looks at me "No, you would be way too far away then. That's the desk of my colleague; she decides who's allowed to enter my office and who's not".

"Oh" I reply quietly "Then what am I doing here?"

🌹
20.05.2020 / 20:01 / 568 words

Oofies, this chapter seems to be somehow longer but idk.

I hope you can cope with her "thoughts", which I always write in cursive (so they're noticeable)