CHAPTER 10

Kongpob sighed. It's been three weeks since he had seen Arthit or had any clue about him. The latter had disappeared. For the two weeks he was in the hospital he was glad Arthit didn't come after that night giving him time to think. But he had noticed how Arthit would come at midnight, thinking he was asleep Arthit would kiss him on his forehead and then leave. He knows that April is still in touch with Arthit but he didn't have the courage to ask her about him. He felt guilty for pushing him away even though it wasn't Arthit's fault that things happened like that.

April tried to talk to him but Simon always came between them. Simon was becoming overprotective. He didn't allow April and Kongpob to mingle much and he didn't allow Kongpob to go to office.

'You wanted to see that Arthit, right!? I'm not allowing you to see him! You're my husband, Kongpob!'

Simon had shouted at him when he asked him the permission to go to office.

Kongpob leaned against that rail of the balcony. He was alone home, only Wang was outside at the parking lot if he needed him.  He stared at his phone contemplating whether he should call his mom or not. It's been long since he talked to her but he didn't want to breakdown when he hear his mother's voice. It's hard for him to act as if everything is okay when nothing is fine.

Kongpob raised an eyebrow when he saw the phone ringing with an unknown ID. He answered the phone and placed it on his ears.

"Hello, is this Mr. Kongpob?"

"Yes, who's this?" Kongpob asked.

"Sir, I'm Miss. Raven, April's class teacher."

Kongpob felt uneasy suddenly, "Yes miss. What's the matter?"

"Sir, can you please come to the hospital near the school?" The teacher asked.

"What happened miss?" Kongpob asked worried.

"Well Sir...mm...April is admitted in the hospital, can you please come?"

Kongpob felt as if his world shattered. His hands shaking, his voice breaking as he said that he would arrive soon.

******

"Miss?"

Kongpob called out when he reached in front of the room April was admitted in.

"Oh, Mr. Kongpob. Nice meeting you," the teacher shook hands with Kongpob who gave a shy smile back at her.

"Oh, hi Dr. Priya," Kongpob found the doctor coming out of the room his daughter was in.

"Hello Kongpob," Priya shook hands with Kongpob.

"What happened, Miss? Is she okay?" Kongpob asked worriedly.

"I won't say she's okay, Sir. With all due respect Sir, it's hard for us to have April in our school anymore," the teacher said.

Kongpob's eyes widened, "But...but...she's the best student you could have. She's always good in studies."

The teacher shook her head, "And that's the reason we didn't doubt her. But she fainted in class today when I scolded her for not listening the lecture. And well she was under heavy drugs during class."

The teacher handed out few packets to Kongpob.

"We found this in her bag. We don't want a drug addict like her in our school, Sir. It's harmful to other kids," the teacher said in a low voice.