𝓑𝓲𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷

Jackie's POV 

"Excuse me?" I said as I turned my head to see all the boys staring at me. Tommy's brother spoke up again.

"I said why is there a girl here? Don't you wanna sit on the bleachers and watch with your friend?" 

All the boys looked at Wendy as she was coming towards us. Please please please tell them off. 

"Woooooaahhhh," I heard in the back of the group, squints checking her out was funny. 

"Is there a problem with me playing baseball?" I angrily said getting closer to them. They seemed a bit shocked that I snapped. 

"Yeah-yeah there is! You're a girl! You can't play baseball! Do you even know how to pick up the bat?" Alan started laughing causing the guys to laugh too except for Tommy and Benny.

"Hey! You should know that Jackie is the best baseball player I've ever seen! She once hit a homer in 5.4 seconds!" Wendy said pointing her finger at them. I held her arm, holding her back from saying anything else.

I looked at Benny and he was getting mad.

"Guys! I invited her to play, now base up!" he turned to me and handed me his bat. I looked up at him. Wow his eyes are a really nice colour. We stared at each other for a while until we heard a voice. 

"Helloooooo?! We are waiting!" We looked away from each other and were walking to our positions when he stopped me by grabbing my hand. I turned around.

"I believe you can play really well. Show us what you can do, Michaels." He winked walking back to the dugout. 

I took my position at home. I knocked the bat on my feet before doing a few practice swings. I got ready for the ball. Kenny wound up and pitched the ball. I decided to fake missing the first two pitches and then blast the ball on the last pitch, to show them I can hit.

"Strike one! Jeez Michaels you really don't know what you're doing." Ham chuckled. 

"Come on Benny! Just kick her out already!" Bertram exclaimed to Benny, who shook his head and watched as I faked again. He knew exactly what I was doing and why I was faking.

"Strike two! One more and you are going home crying to your dad, sweetheart!" 

My smile dropped and now I was mad. No one talks about my dad! Especially me. I felt tears fall out of my eyes. I gripped the bat harder, almost breaking it. I glared at ham and then turned back to Kenny. I saw in the corner of my eye, Benny getting up from the bench and holding on to his cap. I saw Wendy in the bleachers with her arms crossed and smirk plastered on her face.

Kenny threw the ball in the air before catching it and chuckling while smirking. He wound up and pitched it. It was like I was in slow motion. The ball was all I focused on. I swung the bat and

*CRACK!*

I heard gasps and woahs from the field and behind me but did I give a fuck? No because I ran around the bases. As I ran I noticed everyone was standing still watching me. But I didn't care, Ham talking about my dad made me want to cry even more, but I wiped my tears as I was getting to third base. 

My dad used to call me cheetah, apparently I have a lot of speed. I mean what Wendy said was true. I hit the ball and made it around the bases and back to home in 5.4 seconds. I was really pissed off that day cause my dad disappeared. No note, no call, no nothing.

I made it home in about 10 seconds, I stopped and breathed for a bit before wiping the tears I had. I looked alright so I got up and started walking to the dugout. I heard Wendy behind me while cheering and clapping. 

"That's the way to show them, Jacks!" She ran up to me and hugged me from behind, squeezing me.

I felt another tear fell right onto her arm. She stopped squeezing and looked at my face, she went in front of me and observed my face. Pure anger. I looked down avoiding looking at her. 

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Ignore what freckles said, ok? Your dad would be proud you showed them your skills. It's ok, I'll always be here for you, alright?" She said hugging me again. I wiped my tears again and hugged back. She let go when we heard talking. 

"Woah! That was amazing!"

"Bitchin!"

"She's alright!"

"Yay Jackie!"

They all ran over and cheered for me, some of them with their jaws dropped still. Tommy ran up and hugged me, I hugged back tight. 

"Who taught you how to play like that?" Ham yelled. 

"My dad." I said looking up again. I held a smirk on my face. 

"Alright guys, think we have a new player! Let's play!" They all cheered and ran off to their positions. Benny came up to me and side hugged me. 

"I knew you could do it, Michaels. Good play but I'm up now." Benny smirked while grabbing his bat and walking off. 

"Oh my god! He loves you! So obvious and so cuteee!" Wendy whisper-shouted. She was going ballistic. 

"Shut up and go back to bleachers! Or I can go tell squ-" she covered my mouth to cut me off. 

"Ok ok! Just don't say anything to him!" She walked off. 

"Play ball!"

*skip to end of the day*

"Hey sorry for what I said earlier, friends?" Ham stuck his hand out to me.

"Ok porter, we're friends," I giggled shaking his hand.

"Ok see ya guys!" He said running home. 

It was me, Wendy and Benny left. Wendy didn't live that far from Benny so she ran ahead. Me and Benny started small talking. 

"So if baseball wasn't your whole life, what do you think you would be doing?" I questioned. I looked up to find him already staring at me, he noticed I caught him so he looked down and blush was visible on his face. Cute.

"Well no matter what circumstance, I will always have baseball, nothing else other than family and my friends really matter," 

"Ok so am I one of your friends or just another girl?" I felt that I really needed that answer. 

"Just another girl," ouch. I gasped.

"I'm kidding, you are one of my friends, I don't really have time for girls," he chuckled. We walked in silence. We reached his house and I saw Wendy running inside her house down the road.

"Hey thanks for inviting me to play, it was really fun," I turned to him. 

"A-anytime, come to the sandlot t-tomorrow," gee that stutter never gets old.

"Sure, thanks again Benny," i steppes on my tippy toes, leaned towards him and kissed his cheek. 

I pulled away and he had a bright red face. I giggled and ran off to Wendy's. I heard him mumble something.

Bennys POV .

"Sure, thanks again Benny," she stood higher and she...kissed my cheek! I was a bit shocked, my face was heating up and glowing red. Please don't notice. She pulled away, giggled and ran off.

"Wow. Yes!" I cheered punching the air. I walked to my porch, looked on my left to see in the distance, Ham! He was in his front living room window, watching. My jaw dropped. He was screaming and jumping around and pointing at me and then Jackie. Shit. He saw. He was laughing. I ran inside feeling embarrassed. But then...

I thought about that kiss. I was purely in love with it. I closed my eyes thinking about it. Wow Jackie you truly are something.

Woohoo I have school tomorrow. Fuck. Like physical school. Like I have to go on a bus to school. 🙄 fuck I have 3 assignments due and I haven't done them, yay. Anyways byeeeeee.