𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓹 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓷𝓴𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾

Benny's POV. 

I started writing notes while Ms Tanner was teaching algebra to the class. It's been a 3 days since the kiss, and everyday Jackie comes with Wendy to the sandlot. I just don't know why I have been acting strange lately, I wake up everyday and play baseball but my thoughts always travel back to Jackie.

I keep asking the boys if they know what is happening. They always turn their thoughts towards Jackie and say that I have a crush on her. Ham kept quiet about the kiss, but everyday he secretly teases me. 

I swore on my life saying that I will focus on baseball, no matter how much I could fall in love with a girl.

I felt nudges on my arm, I turned towards DeNunez and he pointed at my book. Oh my god. I flipped through all the notes I wrote in the last half hour. 

BENNY'S  NOTES 

1) 3a x 6ab = 18a2b

2) 40% of 0.4 = 0.10

Saying my love for you is a lot, is an understatement, you make me feel butterflies with one smile. The perfectly curled eyelashes that cover your hazel orbs make them look even more dreamy. Wow.

If I could say all the things that make you perfect, I would be talking forever. How kind you are to everyone. To the boys. How confident you are. How...beautiful you are. Please never leave me. 

You are perfect 

I didn't fall in love with you

I walked into love with you

With my eyes wide open

Choosing to take

Every step along the way

I do believe in Faith and destiny

But I also believe

We are fated

To do the things

That'd we choose anyway.

And I'd choose you;

In a hundred lifetimes,

In a hundred world's

In any version of reality.

I'd find you

And I'd choose you.

I slammed my book shut and looked at Kenny who was laughing. Everyone turned to me as they heard the big noise. I fake chuckled.

"Mr Rodriguez, is there something in that book that is bothering you or did you slam it to interrupt my class?" Ms Tanner angrily asked placing her hands on her hips. I looked around.

"Nope just a b-bug on my b-book, t-that's all," I stuttered out. She nodded and turned around, making everyone turn back to the board. I slapped my forehead in embarrassment. Shit another stutter. I looked behind me to see Jackie laughing with Ruby. I have got to admit, Jackie is really pretty.

"Benny man, I won't tell anyone about those notes but damn, poems? You are REALLY in love with her! You love her! You love her!" Kenny said whisper shouting at me. I shoved him and laughed. 

"Stop it! I'm not in love with her, Its not like I have a crush on her or anything!"I lied.

"Bullshit! You have literally liked her since 7th grade! 3 years, Benny! 3!" he said waving 3 fingers in my face.

 I looked back at her, she was paying attention to the work. She saw me in the corner of her eye, she smiled at me and waved, i waved back before she turned back to the board. i felt heat rising to my cheeks. 

"HAHAHAHA!" Kenny laughed out loud. The teacher turned around and he calmed down and tamed himself. She squinted her eyes at him before sitting at her desk. 

"Man, you're in deep. You're blushing man!" he said while laughing. i grabbed the front of cap and pulled it further down my face to hide the redness. i groaned of embarrassment.

*RINGGGGGGGG*

"Finally!" i exclaimed. Kenny and I ran out with our books in our hands. We saw the rest of the boys waiting at the drinking fountain. 

"Hey benny, DeNunez!" Ham tried yelling at us as he stuffed his face with a muffin. 

" Ok, so since tomorrow is the last day of School, we should ditch noon tomorrow and head to the sandlot. Some of us can go to the store to buy snacks and a few baseballs. Rest of us will go home to get bat and gloves. Plan ready?" Yeah-Yeah got excited. We all nodded and agreed. 

I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Jackie, Wendy and a very tall guy. Gosh was he scary, he held a mad look on his face and had his arms crossed. I think he's on the football team cause he had the letter-man jacket on. He looked very similar to Jackie. 

"Hey Jackie," I said turning to her. I felt my face get redder.

"Hey,  you dropped this note in class, it fell out of your book," I mentally facepalmed my face. That's when i realized what was written on those notes. Oh please say you didn't read it. I grabbed the note and smiled at her. I could sense all the guys smirking and cheering behind me. 

"O-oh u-uh thanks J-Jackie, uh see ya later at the sandlot?" Oh shit, the boys are gonna scream my ears off when they leave. She nodded.

"Yeah for sure, Cya Benny," she looked behind me.

"Bye fellas," she said slyly, giggling at their smirking faces. 

"Byyyyyeee Jackie," they all waved at her before she started walking. Squints pushed to where Wendy stood.

"How you doin' Wendy?" He smirked. We all laughed at his attempt to swoon her.

"Not today, Palledorous," She laughed before walking away.

"That's algood! Another day huh?" He yelled out to her. We all laughed at his failed attempt. The very tall guy scoffed before following Jackie and Wendy. What's his problem? I felt the note get snatched out of my hand. No!

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" all the guys crowded around Ham as he read the note. I pushed them away so i could grab the note. I snatched it up and there it read:

I can't stop thinking about you. You're all i can think about. 

-Benny

Oh shit.