The Dugout

Everyone knew that Austin and Ally liked each other. Like everyone. That is, everyone except them.

It's obvious in the way they look at each other, the way they flirt without noticing, and all the sweet things they do for each other. But to them, they were just best friends, nothing more. In fact, they had never even considered anything more. At least, not at first.

And their feelings are even evident right now, as they sit at the piano, fiddling with different chords in an attempt to write a new song.

"What about a love song?" Ally offers, making Austin shocked at first but then turn as red as a tomato.

"Y-yeah, a love song would be g-good." Austin stutters, hoping Ally doesn't notice, but she does.

"Something wrong Austin?" Ally asks, sincerely.

"N-no, nothing's wrong." Austin gives her a small smile and she just shrugs it off.

"So for this love song, anyone you have your eye on?" Ally smirks at Austin, and his face resumes the bright red shade it had before.

'You.' is what he wants to say, but instead he says, "Well, she's um, pretty, and nice and smart um-"

"Is this girl actually, well, real? It doesn't sound like you really know what she's like." Ally chuckles a little as Austin looks down. Ally lifts his chin up to meet her eyes. "Oh, sorry if I embarrassed you, I didn't mean it." She says with a small smile. Then she feels Austin start to lean in. It shocks her at first but then she finds herself leaning in too. Their lips lightly brush each other, but then they pull away embarrassed as Trish bursts into the room.

"Oh, sorry, am I interrupting something? Trish asks with a slight smirk on her face.

"No!!" They yell simultaneously. "U-uh, I mean, uh, no. We were just writing a song." Ally continues, pulling a strand of hair behind her ear and scribbling something down in her songbook.

"Anyways," Trish slightly chuckles, "Austin your baseball coach just told me you have your championship game tomorrow, so I'm assuming you'd be willing to miss a small gig for it?"

"Yeah, I'm going on tour soon anyways, so it wouldn't matter."

"Okay, well I'll just leave you to it." Trish winks and closes the practice room door smirking.

^^The Dugout^^

The day of the championship game is finally here, and Austin's nervous out of his mind. No, not about the game, he has something else bugging him. But anyways, back to the game.

Austin is second to last on the batting order today, which is unusual because he's the best hitter on the team. It doesn't phase him though, because he's not focused on the game anyways. He's focused on the petite brunette sitting in the stands with a pencil tucked behind her ear. He doesn't notice he's staring until one of his teammates waves his hand in front of Austin's face.

"Austin, AUSTIN!!" Peter Green yells. "That's three outs, you're pitching. Let's go!" Austin comes back to reality and puts his glove on as he jogs to the pitchers mound.

"GO AUSTIN!!" Ally cheers, waving her hands in the air. Austin blushes and looks down slightly as the batter steps up to the plate.

It's a quick inning, he pitches three strikeouts in a row. They jog back into their dugout and Austin starts to put on his batting gear. He takes a few practice swings as John Wilson bats before him. He hits a single causing the bases to be loaded, so if Austin gets a home run, their team will win.

He steps up to the plate nervous, but they're switching pitchers so he has some time.

He runs up to the fence and motions for Ally to come down.

"What is it Austin, are you okay?!" Austin doesn't respond at first, he only points to his cheek.

"For good luck." He smirks and Ally rolls her eyes but lightly presses her lips to his cheek, leaving a slight lipstick stain.

"Now go get a home run for me." Ally smiles and Austin jogs back blushing, mentally fist pumping the air.

Austin steps up to the plate, and knocks it out of the park on the first pitch! I guess Ally's cheek kiss really did help.

After the game, the whole team is lifting Austin up in the air and chanting his name. He's excited about the win too, but he still has other things on his mind.

They put him down and he walks over to Ally on the bleachers.

"Hey Ally," Austin begins, "you kept the scorebook right?"

"Yes, why?" Ally is confused, she always keeps the scorebook.

"Could you make a list of the batter's last names in order of our team?"

"Why do I-"

"Thanks bye!" Austin kisses her cheek and runs off.

Ally has no idea why she's doing this, but she does it anyways.

West
Ivory
Longley
Larrson
Umbrige
Green
Olson
Ontario
Upton
Thompson
Wilson
Moon
East

She doesn't see it at first, but when she looks at it closer she starts to notice something. She writes down the first letters of their names.

"W I L L U G O O U T W M E"

Ally gasps realizing this must be a message from Austin. She turns to find the blondie himself sitting behind her.

"So, what do you say?" Rather than answer, Ally simply smashes her lips onto his gently yet passionately.

They pull apart breathless. "I can't believe you planned this all just for me! Of course I'll go out with you!" Austin smiles and kisses her again, with the whole team cheering in the background.

// A/N- This is my first one-shot, thanks for reading and I hoped you liked it!☺️💘 And also, coming up with names was extremely difficult, so sorry if they're strange lol😂