The Recovery

Ally's POV

"Yeah, I had fun too!" I giggle, kissing my boyfriend Elliot on the cheek.

"Okay, see you later then!" He opens the front door for me and I walk through it, blowing him a kiss in the process. Shutting the door behind me, i walk over to the living room and flop down on the couch.

My parents won't be home for a couple hours, so I'm just going to watch TV until they get home.

After about a half an hour, I realize that I'm still wearing Elliot's hoodie. I bring the soft material up to my nose and breathe in deep.

Ooh, it smells like his cologne. I wish I could keep it forever, but I really have to give it back to him, it's his favorite.

Grabbing my keys and phone, I walk out the door. I drive to Elliot's house on West Street and pull into the driveway.

Playing a little game with him like I always do, I ring the doorbell, but then immediately hide in the bushes. I giggle to myself thinking about his reaction.

I gasp and contain my giggles when I hear the door suddenly open, but it's not Elliot. It's...Ashley?

Yep, Ashley White, the most popular girl in our school. Why is she at Elliot's house?

Realizing my joke was over, I stepped out of the bushes.

"Ashley?!" I exclaim, "What are you doing here?"

She scoffs and rolls her eyes, like I should obviously already know why she's there. "Um, why wouldn't I be at my boyfriend's house? More importantly, why are you here? And why were you in the bushes? Little stalkerish if you ask me."

"Whoa, hold up a second. Your boyfriend? I'm pretty sure Elliot's my boyfriend. And I wasn't asking." I rolled my eyes in disgust and Elliot walks out, Ashley's red lipstick all over his face.

"Ashley what's going- oh. Uh, heyyy Ally, what are you doing here? I thought we were gonna meet up tomorrow?" He scratches the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Well, I was returning your hoodie that you left at my house, but I see that you have other things going on." I throw the jacket at his face, tears threatening my eyes. "We're done. Thanks for nothing, jerk."

And with that I just run. To where, I have no idea, but I just let the tears stream down my face like an endless river. Oh, and the rain doesn't help either. Thanks nature.

After about 15 minutes of straight running, I found myself in front of Austin's house. Panting and gasping for breath, I walked up his front steps and knocked on the door.

After a brief 'I'm coming', the door opens and Austin steps out.

His face is at first happy, but immediately changes to concerned when he sees my state. Makeup is running down my face, my clothes are drenched, and my hair is frizzy from the rain.

"Oh my gosh, Ally! What happened?" He grabs my hand to bring me inside. Weird, I got this tingling feeling when he did that. "Come inside."

He brings me up to his room (of course after telling his mom I was here), and gives me a pair of sweatpants and one of his hoodies to change into.

I go into the bathroom and change into his clothes. I notice that his smell better than Elliot's.

Not that Elliot's clothes smelled bad, but it just felt like I was in an Abercrombie store every time I smelled them. Austin's smell more like, home. More comforting I guess.

Walking back into his room, I lie down onto his bed with him, subconsciously thinking he was Elliot.

It takes the feeling of him suddenly tensing up for me to realize that he's not.