Young Love

Austin's POV

Sup, I'm Austin. I'm 13 and in 8th grade at Marino Jr. High. I like music and pancakes. I have a girlfriend named Cassidy and she's really hot. Oh yeah, and I'm incredibly popular.

"Hey babe." Cassidy kisses my cheek as I get my books out of my locker.

"Hi Cassidy, what's up?"

She smirks and lowers her voice slightly. "How about we ditch school today? I don't feel like going to anymore stupid classes." Cassidy scoffs and rolls her eyes.

Okay, sure I'm popular, but I also care a lot about my grades. Go ahead, call me a dork. Cassidy does all the time. "No, I don't want to. I have a huge chemistry test today and I don't want to miss it."

"Whatever dork." She rolls her eyes. See what I mean? And she's not joking, she actually means it.

"Listen, I have to go to class. Skip if you want, but I'm not coming." She leans in to kiss me but I turn my head and walk away. I mean, I'm only 13. I've never kissed a girl before, and I'm not starting with her.

I walk into chemistry to see that my normal seat next to my best friend Dez is already taken by some kid that I don't know. "Hey, what the heck man?"

"Sorry Austin, we have assigned seats now." He sighs. I groan and walk up to my teacher.

"So where am I sitting?" I ask, rolling my eyes. She points to a table towards the back with a small brunette girl seated in one of the chairs. Ugh, I have to sit next to a girl? This won't go over well with Cassidy if she finds out.

I walk to the table and sit down. The teacher starts talking but I ignore her. "Hey," I whisper. The brunette looks up from the journal she was writing in, startled. "What's your name?"

She looks up to the teacher first, to check if she was looking our way. When the coast was clear, she turned her head towards me and responded in a whisper. "Ally Dawson."

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." Why did I just say that?! I have Cassidy. I better hope she doesn't find out about this, or I'm dead.

She blushes and whispers a quick thanks before going back to her journal.

Ally's POV

I may seem calm right now, but trust me, I'm doing cartwheels inside my head.

My crush all throughout middle school, Austin Moon, just called me pretty! I'm screaming in my head right now.

I write down the final notes on the board and quickly scribble the homework down in my agenda before I gather my books and start to walk out. Before I can leave the room, a hand grabs my shoulder and turns me around.

"Hey," Austin begins, "let's hang out after school today! Here's my cell." He hands me a slip of paper with his number on it and I tear a piece off of it and write my cell on it. I hand him the paper and walk out of class, with the widest smile I've ever had stretched across my face.

^^Young Love^^

The final bell rings, signaling that the last block of the day has come to an end. Thank gosh, algebra is finally over. The teacher gives us our homework and we all file out of the classroom, excited for the weekend ahead of us.

As I'm putting my books back into my locker, someone taps on my shoulder. Ugh, Cassidy. The most popular girl in school. She's a total jerk.

"Hey Ally!" She squeals with a fake smile on her face.

"Cut the crap Cassidy, what do you want." I snap. She scoffs and continues to talk.

"Listen, I heard about your little 'flirting' with my boyfriend, and it needs to stop."