Chapter 2

Eren's POV 

I barely slept last night because I kept dreaming about the corporal. I lazily walked to the dining hall for breakfast. I slumped in my chair next to Armin. 

"Oh my God, what happened now?" He sighed. 

"I almost confessed to Corporal Levi yesterday." 

"Wait, almost? You chickened out?" 

It was my turn to sigh, "Yeah." 

"Why didn't you?" He sounded like he didn't give two, but he asked in the first place so he can put up with it.

"Because he hates me and I don't want him to hate me more." 

"He doesn't hate you, Eren. And besides, if you never tell him you'll never know if he likes you back." 

I shrugged, "I guess you're right." 

"I'm always right, Eren. How's this? After breakfast, quickly go into his office and tell him how you feel. If it goes pear shaped, then tell him it was a prank and leave." 

My whole face lit up, "That's a great idea, Armin!" I couldn't sit still for the rest of breakfast. 

When breakfast was over, I all but ran to Corporal Levi's office and rapped on the door. 

"Come in," he said. 

I opened the door and saluted him for whatever reason, "Corporal Levi. We need to talk." 

"Go ahead, Jaeger." 

I took a deep breath, "Corporal Levi, I-" My voice caught in my throat. I nodded and then left the room. 

I bumped into Armin, "Hey Eren. You do it?" 

"If by "do it" you mean chicken out and run out of his office, then yes," and I went off to my room. 

I heard Armin sigh and carry on walking. 

Levi's POV 

Well, that was the closest he's ever gotten. Hanji knocked and stuck her head around the side of my door, "He didn't do it?" 

I shook my head, "But he was close. I got to "Corporal Levi, I-" and then made sputtering constipated noises and then nodded and left." 

Hanji was lying on the floor she was laughing so hard, "That-That's got to be the best one yet." 

I smiled slightly to myself and then literally kicked Hanji out of my office. I really wish he'd hurry up and confess. He's been doing this for a year and I'm quite bored now.

A/N: Thanks for reading :)

-JJ