Chapter 9

Levi's POV 

I went out to the training field and called Ackerman and Arlet over. 

I was still fuming from this morning, "I need you two to be completely honest with me, okay?" 

Mikasa just glared at me whilst Armin looked like he was crapping himself. 

"When Eren was asleep, he was crying out someone else's name in his sleep. Do you know who Carla is?" 

Mikasa covered her mouth, probably to stifle a laugh and Armin just sighed in relief. 

"Sir," Armin started, "when you say "cried out", did you mean...like...moaned? Or was he literally crying?" 

"Well, uh..." I said, "They were tears and he kept repeating the name." 

"Sir, Carla was Eren's mother. She died when he was younger." 

I put my head in my hands and groaned, "Uhm, I've got some explaining to do. Excuse me." 

Eren mentioned the other day that he had a check-up with Hanji today. I then made my way to Hanji's lab. 

Eren's POV 

I sat on the examining table with a deep scowl on my face. 

"If you keep pulling that face,"Hanji said after a few minutes, "your baby is going to be born with that scowl." 

I smiled weakly but that was it. 

"What's happened, Eren?" 

"It's Levi. Everything was fine yesterday, but this morning he was...well...revolting. And I really didn't need that considering my dreams last night." 

"Your mother again?" 

I nodded, "Yeah. Levi never talks about his family. Are they still around?" 

Hanji's expression turned grim, "No, his mother died when he was very young. A few years later, he had two friends that were like siblings to him. Their names were Isabel and Farlan." 

"Where are they now?" Levi never spoke about his family or friends so all of this was completely new to me.

"They died on the first expedition they ever went on." 

"I-I didn't know. He never even mentioned them." 

There was a small knock on the door, "Hanji?" 

Hanji opened the door to reveal a very embarrassed Levi, "Hey, Hanji. Is Eren in here?" 

She moved out the way to show him that I was sitting on the examining table. "Hey, Lee? You okay?" 

"I uh, I came to apologize for my behaviour this morning. There was a rather large misunderstanding on my part." 

"It's fine, I just want to know what happened." 

"You were crying in your sleep and you kept saying Carla." 

"O-okay? But why would that upset you?" 

"I didn't know that that was your mom's name and I thought you were cheating on me," Levi said bashfully. 

"Aww~, Levi!" I went to go hug him but there was a sharp pain in my stomach and I sat back down. 

"Eren? Are you okay?" Hanji asked. 

"There was just a weird pain in my stomach." 

Hanji walked up to me and put her hand on my belly then she smiled, "Levi, come over here. Give me your hand. I don't bite, give me your hand. Thank you, now put it on Eren's belly." 

He hesitantly put his hand there and I put my hand next to his. 

At that moment, I felt it again, "What was that?" 

"Your baby is kicking." 

Levi's eyes widened as he felt it again, "How much longer until this piece of shit is out? I wanna fucking hug it." 

Both Hanji and I started laughing. "Well, usually pregnancy takes about nine months. Since you're already six months in, only three left."

A/N: So, there's going to be a three month time skip because I'm lazy. 

As always, thanks for reading. If you want, you can vote and comment and all that jazz.

-JJ