10. 𝙐𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙠 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙃𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨

Today was Christmas Eve. Manny, Jay and I were sat on the sofa, watching a movie. "No, no," The woman in the movie began, " it isn't that kind of a trial. It's just because he says he's Santa Clause."

"But I've got a feeling he is Santa Clause, Mother." A little girl said in the movie.

"Some people don't believe that. That's why—"

"Are you crying?" Manny suddenly asked Jay.

"What are you, a robot? It's s deeply emotional movie." Jay said, his eyes were watery. Gloria walked into the living.

"Manny, Y/N, mi amor" Gloria began as she wakes into the living room, " I need you to help me in the kitchen." Jay turned off the movie.

"We gotta finish this first, Gloria. The kids  have never seen Miracle on 34th Street." Jay told her.

"That's because they always spent Christmas in Colombia with my family. And all we see there is Salazar and El Oso Save Christmas." Gloria told him.

"Sounds like a classic." Jay said in his grumpy tone.

"It is." Gloria smiled with a nod.

"Mum," Manny began, looking up at her, "can we finish the movie?"

"Okay." She said, attempting to hide her smile. Gloria, Manny, and I had found a joke copy from the internet, which had a jump-scare during one of the scenes. The jump-scare would happen in about 10-20 seconds. The movie continued playing and I looked over at Jay. Manny did the same thing.

"I think perhaps you're right, Susie." The woman said then the jump-scare happened. Jay practically jumped out of his seat.

"What the hell is that?" Jay asked. Gloria, Manny and I were laughing.

"Inocente!" Manny And I shout.

"What the hell?" Jay's eyebrows furrowed.

"When you told me we were going to watch this movie, I got a joke copy from the internet." Manny told him. "You are the inocente!" Manny And I said, pointing at Jay. Jay turned off the TV.

"Well, Maybe I'm a little confused right now. What is this 'inocente' stuff?" Jay asked.

"In Colombia, practical jokes are a Christmas tradition. The one that is fooled is the inocente!" Gloria told him.

"We tell practical jokes on April Fools Day, So do not do that again." Jay said.
Gloria, Manny And I got up and left the room, the three of us still laughing.
"Does it do it again?" Jay shouted. "Ah, it's ruined." He frowned, throwing the Tv remote onto the sofa.

——

Manny, Gloria and I were in the kitchen. There were four presents on the kitchen counter. "Okay." Jay began, "Tonight, 9:00 sharp, we open one present each. Pajamas — which we sleep in. Tomorrow morning, 7:00 am, Manny, Y/N, on the stairs for the Christmas picture. Then we open presents." Jay said, then walked into the kitchen.

"In Colombia, they open presents at midnight and stay up till morning." Manny told him.

"I'm sure that they do, but as you'll notice from the absence of goats in the street, we are not in Colombia." Jay said, faking a Colombian accent. The three of us share looks of offence. "Come on! I'm kidding."