13. 𝘼 𝙌𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣

"Hey, aunt Gloria." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

"Hola, Y/N." Gloria smiled.

"Aunt Gloria, I was wondering if I could go over to Luke's house. He asked me if I could go over to his after school."

"Of, course, mi amor. But you have to be back before 6pm, okay?" I nodded and smiled.

"Thanks, Aunt Gloria." I said before putting my shoes on, and left. I got on my bike and rode over to Luke's house.

——

I got to the Dunphy house. I put my bike by the garage before knocking on the door. Several seconds later the door opened. "Oh, hi Y/N." Claire greeted as she opened the door.

"Hi, Claire. Is Luke home?" I asked. She nodded.

"Yeah, he's outside." Claire said before waking upstairs, laundry basket in her arms. I made my way outside and saw Luke sat on his trampoline.

"Hi, Luke." I said. He turned to me and smiled.

"Hi, Y/N." He greeted as I got on the trampoline and sat next to him. Over the past few weeks we hadn't talked much. Whenever we tried to start a conversation it would get awkward, fast. We hadn't brought up the kiss since the day after his birthday. But it was nice to be able to talk to him again. I probably won't admit it, but I missed him. I just wished that we'd go back to talking, like we had done before the kiss.

"So, how are you?" Luke asked after a few seconds of silence. God, it was already awkward.

"Oh, I'm good. Thanks." I smiled, "How about you?"

"Alright." He shrugged. Once again, silence fell over us. "Um..." Luke spoke up after a few more seconds, which felt like minutes, "Do you, um..." he looked nervous. "Um, do you want to go... and play some video games?"

"Oh, sure". I smiled. I was glad that I could spend time with him, and even play video games with him. But a part of me was unsure if that's what he wanted. When he asked if I wanted to play games, it seemed as though he wanted to ask, or say something different.

——

A few more days passed by and mine and Luke's friendship was almost back to the way it was. He seemed uneasy around me though, And he seemed tense. Whenever I asked if he was okay, he'd reply with a 'Yeah, I'm fine. Why?'

After another week or two I went over to his house to play video games with him. "Hi, Y/N." He greeted.

"Hello, Luke." I said as I sat down on his bed. He grabbed the spare controller and stared down at it for a few seconds before passing it me. "Thanks." I said. Again, he was acting strange. He'd never act this.

We play video games for at least two hours before I have to leave. "Um, wait, Y/N." Luke said just as I was about to leave the house.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Um..." he began and looked down at the floor, "I was wondering... if... Uh, maybe, one day, you'd, um... like to go out on a date?" He almost whispered. My cheeks instantly turned red, and a huge smile made its way to my lips,

"Yes!" I said a little too loudly. Luke looked up at me and smiled.

"Really?" He asked, his cheeks were almost as red as a tomato.

"Of, course. How about we go out to a cafe on Saturday at 3:00 pm?" I asked. He nodded and smiled,

"Okay. See you on Saturday". He smiled happily.

"See you on Saturday." I smiled. I left the house and got on my bike. The only thing on my mind for the rest of the day was that I had a date with Luke.

A/N
So this was a little rushed, but I just really wanted another chapter for you all to read, just as a little apology for making you all wait.
I do hope you enjoyed this little chapter!

Stay safe!! 💖💖
#BlackLivesMatter ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿