Chapter 19: The one where you are the light in the dark

You totally cannot do this.

Dragging your bruised and beaten body somewhere else is bad enough but having to do so with another person on top, who is also unconscious and may not be jostled too much cause most of his bones are probably broken and he’s still slightly bleeding.

But his breath is in your neck as you drag him piggy-back as best as you can, and that alone is something you can be very thankful for. And so you gritted your teeth and carry on as best as you could.

Your tunic is the only thing that’s lightening the path in the dark and you were never more thankful for your entirely impulsive reaction of buying it. Your pants on the other hand are still itching horribly, but now that the fabric is soaked with blood it’s a lot more tolerable, also it’s a lot less irritating than the hurt from your body, though you’re not quite sure if you should be that happy over that statement.

But neither the less you continue your track through the dark, moisty underground, Legend still understandably out cold piggyback. And that guy should for his size truly be heavier, he was laughably light. He may hate you all he wants and snoop through your stuff (which you still were miffed about) but as soon as you’re up on the surface again from where ever you were right now, you were going to force food down his throat. Being that light couldn’t be healthy, even though right now it was better as if he had been normal weight.

Or maybe it was just the blood loss. Okay, that “just” did so not fit in there.

And there you saw your own lightheadedness from blood loss and your concussion. Great.

And where the duck were you anyway?

These stone tunnels were definitely human made (or whatever else humanoid species), so your current running theory was that you had fallen into something from the Sheikahs. In Ocarina of Time they had the Shadow Temple after all for their secret bloody past and you honestly were surprised if that was the only secret dungeon they had built. And honestly, tunnels all under Hyrule would be really practical to get secretly everywhere. They’d just have to blind their enemies by throwing one of their nuts, slip into the nearest hole leading into their passageways and “zoom” gone.

It would honestly make a lot of sense but would also throw open the question of how you had ended up in their hallways and if it was a normal entrance how they survived such falls. Maybe where you had ended up was a misfunctioned trap? It sure as heck was pretty deadly if you hadn’t had a freaky notebook on your side.

Well, can’t change that now. Now you only had to hope to get out of here as fast as possibly alive.

The rustling of something was the only warning you got to get the duck out of your head and back into reality when suddenly a man-sized spider fell from the ceiling, you barely stumbling out of the way of its surprise-attack.

Well, sh*t.

You were lucky you didn’t have a spider phobia like your mom and brother who’d have probably fainted upon seeing it.

The games had sadly not exaggerated with the size of those beasts. But luckily Skulltullas were usually pretty easy if you’ve got a weapon and they didn’t manage to sneak-attack upon you.

You managed to escape their first attack, so yeay, point for you!

You do not have a weapon though, so not so yeay anymore. The point gets retracted.

Carefully you place Legend on the ground away from the spider so he’s not in the way of the next stupid thing you plan to do.

You wait until the stupid monster turns its back to you before you deliver a swift kick to its vulnerable backside. The monster quickly whirls around and one of its spiky legs manages to scratch you on your attacking leg before you retreat. And gosh, it hurts and great your trouser now got holes and you’re bleeding again. This sucks.