Chapter 29: The one where you get your reunions

After half an hour of horrific hell in the other compartment and relative peace in yours (the only burden was prying Wild away from the opened window and stopping him from climbing on the roof while Impi drove with 120 down the highway), Impi finally left the highway and settled for a more moderate speed on the smaller streets, leading into the region where your home was.

Relief almost drowned you when the realization hit you like a brick wall full force, you’d be home soon, finally. It was amazing. Looking around your compartment you saw the Links also look relieved, though for reasons other than yours probably, the exception being Wild who pouted at the lack of speed now.

Warriors had his eyes closed and a grimace on his face, he looked like he was praying. Twilight looked helplessly torn between overwhelmed and attentive so he might stop Wild from doing something stupid and Four was just silently muttering to himself, eyes flashing faster through different colors than you were able to differentiate them.

And then the limousine finally held in front of Zelda’s mansion. Sighing, you pried Wild away from the car’s door, unlocked the childlock and opened the door. Wild swiftly scrambled out, curiosity painting his face and you quickly followed, the others in your cabin immediately following, Warriors muttering something like “carriage of doom” and “never again”.

And then the second compartment opened.

Hyrule climbed out almost drowsily, pulling a sleepy Sky with him and Legend supported them both, his face unreadable and his hat missing for some reason. Catching your gaze he practically spat out: “Not a word.” Softie.

But when nearing to help them, you finally understood another reason why he had such a bad mood right now. The smell of vomit greeted you like a punch on the nose as Time climbed out, supporting a sickly pale looking and trembling Wind. The sailor held Legend’s missing hat in his hands, a terrible smell emitting from within it, just like from a dark spot on Time’s armor.

Well, damn.

While Wind’s stomach apparently could hold out the toughest storms on sea, a simple car ride defeated it. That right there was irony at its finest point.

Well, at least Zelda had good washing machines that should manage to salvage Legend’s poor hat now turned spew bag.

When Impi got out of the car, her sharp eyes instantly narrowed upon realizing the situation. Seeing her nearing with quick steps, Time, stepping protectively in front of Wind, quickly spoke up: “We didn’t get anything on the seats, madam.”

Impi ignored him in favor of kneeling in front of Wind and handing him a bottle of water and some tablets: “Take these, sweetie. They’ll help you feel better.” It was a testament of how bad Wind felt that he didn’t even protest upon the nickname, instead just taking the pills and water eagerly. Impi meanwhile stood up to look at the rest of you annoyed, her gaze pinning you all place: “Stupid. If one of you gets carsick you must tell me and not get it all over you. What else do we have that intercom for? And don’t think I didn’t hear you experimenting with it.”

Both Wind and Wild looked sheepish, though with Wind it might also have been the next wave of nausea. Poor kid.

That was the moment when suddenly the entrance door practically flew open and met with a loud “bang” the opposite wall. And while the loud noise made the Links alarmed flinch and reach for their weapons, the attack had already happened.