Chapter 39: The one where there is blank chaos

The world was upside down. Right is left, in is out and everyone is screaming and running, trying not to get trampled. Escaping the free fall was the easiest. Fighting against the panicked masses to reach the portal and figure out where the screams and gunfire had originated from was the opposite of easy. When you had reached the portal, your numbers had been decimated to just Zelda, you, Twilight, Hyrule, Wild and Warriors.

Have you ever wondered what other beings than Hylians would turn into when they cross the universe? Now you know and it wasn’t pretty.

Gunfire from the police added a tense rhythm, a strange kind of melody to the already mad situation as a horde of angry wild boars attacked the brave people still shooting, a bear picking up a car and tossing it. A crocodile laid dead on the ground, five others taking its place in this otherworldly take over.

Could this be Dark Link’s monster army? Or at least what was left of it?

This…was suboptimal. Especially seeing as you all were pretty much weaponless, seeing as the heroes were unable to use their magically operated bags and thus had only to fall back on their swords.

Wild holds his Sheikah Slate like a lifeline and as the other present heroes started to also fight the too many enemies turned animals, trying to help you three weaponless ones, you quickly approached him, Zelda in tow. “Wild, time to see if that shop assistant really fixed the port!”

“How do I do that?” he voiced back, feeling helpless and hating that feeling.

“Zel, can we borrow your portable charger?” you called out to her over the sound of gunfire.

She looked like she wanted to ask a billion questions, but recognizing the direness of the situation she quickly handed it over. You swiftly inserted it in the loading port the shop assistant had freed…

…and watch fascinated as the device lights up as energy fueled it once more.

“How?” breathed Zelda out.

“It worked…” you whispered ecstatic.

Wild wasted no time assessing his weapons menu, dropping a large pile of weapons for all of you to take before swiftly arming himself. Time to fight against the horde of real world made monsters and let as few pass you by as possible…

0oOo0

Luck swiped the hammer he had borrowed from a ring-the-bell game at an incoming boar, managing to effectively keep it away from him. Malin next to him did the same with a pitchfork she had snatched out the pony riding attraction which before only had served ornamental purposes but now did a pretty good job as a weapon.

“Where are all the animals coming from?” he breathed out between pants, trying to dodge the panicked crowd coming their way.

“I don’t know! But we lost Marina” Malin informed, fending a horde of crazy bats off.

“What?!” brings out her fiancé, knocking an elbow in a very angry wolf before quickly knocking the animal out.

“Don’t worry, Sky went to go find her!”

“In the middle of a terrified crowd alone in modern times?! Now I am really worried!”