Chapter 34: The one where they go to the doctor's

Seeing as Malin drove the car, there were no nameable spacial displacemental mishaps. And so they luckily soon reached the doctor’s office. Luck, instead of getting out, suddenly turned around in his seat after they had parked and squinted through his glasses, which instead of his contactlenses he wore today, at the clothes that Hylia’s chosen hero wore. His frown showed that whatever he saw wasn’t satisfying and when Malin turned around, she realized that they hadn’t thought this through. When Sky carefully inquired why, she was the one to answer: “Your clothes are probable to stand out. Your natural lack of any medical history is bound to raise eyebrows, your clothes are only going to worsen that. We should have thought about that before coming here. Any ideas?”

The Link in the car looked down on himself at this: “But what I wear is pretty normal for the knights of Skyloft Academy?”

“Exactly” stated Luck, nodding in agreement. “But not for us here and now.” Then an idea lightened up his complexion: “You’ve got layers under that tunic, right? Maybe one of them is neutral enough…”

Sky nodded in understanding before he dutifully started to strip out of his many layers, Malin looking away even though he was not going naked and Luck looking contemplative in thought until the last layer, a white shirt with blue ornaments. Only then he offered his thoughts out loud: “Okay first of: Dude, how have you not died of an heatstroke yet? Cause honestly…” Not now” Malin quickly cut her fiancé off, fingers nervously tapping a melody out on the steering wheel. Luck frowned but let the topic rest.

Instead he declared: “That won’t do. If you had proper identification and stuff, probably, some folks just like more traditional and older stuff. But how you are now? Nope.”

“But I’ve got nothing else currently? My bag kinda doesn’t work anymore?” Sky offered helplessly unsure of what exactly Luck was aiming at. Malin gave the brunette a pitying look before shooting her fiancé a more direct look. He sighed before sheading his jacket and revealing a normal plain white sweatshirt underneath. Slipping it off, he was left with a simple light blue T-Shirt over which he pulled the jacket again before he handed the Chosen Hero a soft, white sweatshirt: “Here, put this on. It might be a bit long on the sleeves but that’s better than standing out with your current overall.”

Soon after they entered the doctor’s office and Malin quickly got the forms they’d need to fill to get Sky looked at seeing as he didn’t have a health insurance. After assuring the man working at the desk trice over that yes, they would pay, they had the money thanks to their rich friend who wanted the strange boy without proper possibility of proof of identity to be looked at. And once they had taken place in the waiting room, they directly ran into the next problem while filling in the formular already in the first line.

“Name?” Malin murmured the question. “Link, obviously” gave Luck back, sitting next to her, Sky seated on his other side and looking in fascination at the colorful magazines.

Seeing as the two of them had a little doubt that Sky would be able to deal with modern day bureaucracy, especially as Sky somehow still couldn’t read the written letters of modern day English though he could understand it just fine, had taken on filling the papers themselves.

“No, last name” Malin shot back at that. Luck blinked in confusion at that question before quickly turning to Sky to ask in a hushed tone: “Do you have a last name?”

“Not that I know of” Sky replied to that. “Why would we need one? Skyloft is a small community. Everyone knows everyone.”