Chapter11; The loony bodyguard.

Rory was fun to watch. The bar area that had only served as few minutes of entertainment was now flooded because of him. What was this sorcery, this guy talked to everyone he was worse than Christen and Liam combined. I watched him for what seemed like hours but was really only a few minutes people came and went from the bar he nursed one drink the entire time and when people slowed down he looked a bit stressed. He looked like what I felt, like he wanted to go home but something important was keeping him. I watched his expression as an idea seemed to pop into his head. The next girl that came up to talk to him got a face full of all that charm of his I had heard a lot about.
He smiled bright at her and jumped into conversation she seemed to be loving it laughing along with him up until he craftily coaxed her to give up her name. I would have thought she would have given it freely and added her number as a bonus but she stilled, his smile dimmed as he noticed her confusion.
"But you already know my name", she said. Uh oh what are the chances of charming the pants off a girl, hooking up with her, forgetting her and then charming the pants off her again. Ladies and gentlemen the legend of LRL. He wasn't so smooth anymore trying to guess her name, her face grew darker and darker and finally she yelled all kind of profanities at him while also reminding him that he also had her number and she had gotten into this club by association with him before storming away. Wow talk about amnesia. The first girls departure didn't deter him from his mission, I could see that he was determined to get his mind off something by pouring his attention onto someone and he tried again with another girl. This time he bought her a drink and they spoke for quite a while it seemed like he'd found his distraction but just as I tuned out and let my gaze wander a bit said distraction hoped of the bar stool and emptied the reminder of the drink he bought her over his head being petty enough to make sure that the ice went into the back of his shirt. He winced and arched his back away from the coldness and I couldn't help it I laughed out loud.
"You're completely off your game tonight, I would sympathize but I haven't had this much fun in a while".
His head snapped in my direction but I could tell he couldn't actually see me as he danced around to dislodge the ice in his shirt.
"Real glad I could be of service", he replied sacarstically.
"Do another one", I urged "I want to see if it could possibly get worse for you".
"I would, for you, but my hair smells like magarita"
"So?, don't you enjoy a challenge let's see if she'd have you stinky sticky hair and all. The best people are the ones that accept you in the worst situations right?".
He finally dislodged all the ice in his clothing and stood peering in my direction intently.
"Who are you?"
"Modern day Cinderella dusted in fairy godmother magic that does not fade at midnight".
He stared confused, "what?"
"Never mind I'm just looking for fun like you, talk to her" I said pointing at a pretty redhead in a black leather skirt and a tube top with a black leather jacket over it.
"Wait so you really expect me to humiliate myself for your amusement?", he sounded baffled.
"Think of it as charity I've been bored out of my mind for hours surely you can be generous with your acts and aid a poor girl like me"
He smirked a bit, "Is it weird I'm actually considering participating in this twisted game?".
"Of course not, I'm bored, you're bored there are no knives involved".
        "Good point"
"So you'll do it?"
"What happens if she gets clingy despite all this mess and talks to me until I get bored again then what?"
"Make an excuse to use the bathroom"
"If she's clingy like I have experienced before she'd escort me".
I made a noise of disgust and disbelief and he chuckled.
"Then I would come over and make an excuse for you".
"She'd probably pick a fight with you".
I cackled, "only clueless people pick fights with me I'd break her face".
Immediately those words left my mouth I heard Christens voice in my head Jada mode, Chels, Jada mode.
"...not that I'm violent or anything", I quickly added.
"Of course not", he agreed sacarstically "wherever did I receive such an inclination from, nonsense"
"Blah blah are you in or not?"
"As long as you promise to be my bodyguard and not ditch me".
"I am your bodyguard now you may walk wherever on this earth you want, Rory"
There was a pause, "what?"
"She's already leaving, go", I exclaimed. He hesitated for a second then took confident strokes in her direction. Let the games begin and may the odds ever be in your favour Rory.